Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shabby Chic quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shabby-chic-quilt-t183841.html)

lvaughan 03-24-2012 03:57 AM

Shabby Chic quilt

I have some fabrics I consider Shabby Chic. I need a pattern design that works with the fabrics. The only idea I can come up with is the D9P. I have made the D9P before, with charms, and like it but want to consider other patterns. Also, if I do go with the D9P what would be a good block size to keep the Shabby Chic look?

Thanks, Linda

jcrow 03-24-2012 04:52 AM

I have Shabby Chic also. I haven't found a design yet either. I'm keeping my eye on this thread for advice. Don't you love the soft colors? Seems romantic to me. And a bit old fashioned.

lvaughan 03-24-2012 05:38 AM

I love the soft colors of Shabby Chic. With the warm, sunny days forecast for next week, I want to make a new quilt for my bed. If I don't get any suggestions that will work with the fabric I have, I probably will just make the D9P. Have you made that pattern? What size blocks do you think will keep the Shabby Chic look?

erstan947 03-24-2012 05:40 AM

I did a google search and lots of possibilities came up. I like the raw edge applique or a big block pattern that shows off the beautiful fabrics.

Rose Marie 03-24-2012 06:07 AM

There is a pattern in Quilt In A Days book Quilts Through The Seasons called Summer Porch Quilt.
I made this quilt with shabby chic fabrics and it is one of my favorites.
It is also easy to make.
It is just a triangle with a strip then another triangle then sashing around the blocks.
Another pattern in the same book would be good also, called Pink Lemonade.

lvaughan 03-24-2012 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie (Post 5086709)
There is a pattern in Quilt In A Days book Quilts Through The Seasons called Summer Porch Quilt.
I made this quilt with shabby chic fabrics and it is one of my favorites.
It is also easy to make.
It is just a triangle with a strip then another triangle then sashing around the blocks.
Another pattern in the same book would be good also, called Pink Lemonade.

Thank You for the suggestions! The Summer Porch pattern would be perfect for some Moda Turnovers I have.

Scissor Queen 03-24-2012 06:34 AM

My shabby chic quilt is Shoo Fly blocks set on point with a triple sashing and cornerstones. The sashing is a pink on pink, pink gingham and then a white. It makes it look like each block is framed with a different color sashing. It's not quilted yet and isn't on my bed yet because I have a long haired black cat. I thought I had a picture of it but I can't find it.

Scissor Queen 03-24-2012 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found pictures of the small shabby chic quilt I made. It's star blocks set with a triple sashing. You can use any pattern you like for shabby chic. The main thing is to use softer colors and softer contrast.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322172[/ATTACH]

scisyb220 03-24-2012 06:55 AM

I was just browsing through some mags in my stash & saw a pattern for a queen size quilt titled "Romance" by Kathy Bauer in the Spring 2011 McCall's Quilting America Quilts for the home. It is done in soft florals that sounds like it would be a good outlet for your Shabby Chic fabs. I don't know if it's viewable thru the web site, but you could try it.

lvaughan 03-24-2012 06:55 AM

Thank You Scissor Queen, that is very pretty. Love It!