Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Insane Sales at Hancock Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/insane-sales-hancock-fabric-t186488.html)

EvelynJ 04-18-2012 11:30 AM

Insane Sales at Hancock Fabric

4 Attachment(s)
I went to Hancock Fabric today, I was only going to buy 4 colors of DMC embroidery floss for my quilt top I am working on. I swear I have no control when I go there. 4 items for 35 cents that was all I went to get.

But I could not leave all around the front of the store were long tables with all kinds of fabric on sale 50% off. I only had $20 with me; because I know how I am. Yep, I spent $19.52 so I did come home with some change. Here are some pictures of my fabulous finds.

Does anyone else have this disease? Illness? I just cannot seem to walk in, get only what I need, and walk out. I did get my 4 colors of DMC but I also left with two really cute remnants, and a yard each of 4 different kinds of fabric that was 50% off.

I just had to share with others who will understand my condition. I'm not seeking a cure, just some understanding that I am not alone in my inability to leave Hancocks without fabric.

First picture is my one yard each, second is my two remnants I bought today. Third and fourth pictures are remnants I bought last month that I haven't done anything with yet but they were so nice and at a great price I just could not leave without them.

Thanks for looking and understanding. It really helps me to know that I am not the only one.

BellaBoo 04-18-2012 11:35 AM

Great sale! I saw a picture of one fabric and had to have it, just that one design. When I found the whole line well, $170 later, it's on my way to me as I type. LOL I give myself Christmas many times a year.

MdmSew'n'Sew 04-18-2012 11:35 AM

I feel your pain ... I went to a local fabric shop the other day to get just one piece, one stinking little piece, just one little fat quarter ... $107 later ... :shock: Yes, it is a disease. I keep on telling myself it could be worse. :rolleyes: Sigh.
At least you got your DMC floss, I've been know to go in for just one little thing, spend a fortune but forget to buy what I went in for.

MacThayer 04-18-2012 11:57 AM

Oh, let's not call it a "disease"! That's so negative! Let's call it an "acquired idiosyncrasy associated with quilting". How about that? And you'll all be glad you have those fabrics in your stash when just the right project comes along! My stash has saved me many trips to fabric stores, and no doubt a lot more money that would have been spent had I gone to the fabric stores each time instead of my stash. So think of it that way. Each piece you buy and store is a money saver because of the money you save from making more trips to the fabric store. Hey, I like that. Now if I could just convince Darling Hubby Unit. . .

virtualbernie 04-18-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by MacThayer (Post 5151462)
Oh, let's not call it a "disease"! That's so negative! Let's call it an "acquired idiosyncrasy associated with quilting". How about that? And you'll all be glad you have those fabrics in your stash when just the right project comes along! My stash has saved me many trips to fabric stores, and no doubt a lot more money that would have been spent had I gone to the fabric stores each time instead of my stash. So think of it that way. Each piece you buy and store is a money saver because of the money you save from making more trips to the fabric store. Hey, I like that. Now if I could just convince Darling Hubby Unit. . .

I like your thinking!:thumbup:

Pat625 04-18-2012 12:15 PM

I totally agree!! Luckily No DH to answer to!! My way of looking at this is if I want it, and it hurts noone,,,WHY NOT!! My fabric is the only thing I buy for MYSELF..of course the completed projects are always given away to others..so in the long run a stash build is another way if doing good for others, and passing a good thing forward!!

THAT"S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!

Originally Posted by MacThayer (Post 5151462)

nhweaver 04-18-2012 12:31 PM

I just got a postcard from them, that sale started today - I am headed there tomorrow. Great fabric!!!! Fabric is what dreams are made of!!!!

Grandma Peg 04-18-2012 12:57 PM

Know what you are saying, but it's life.

Diannia 04-18-2012 01:12 PM

I certainly do! I went to Joann's yesterday for a few items for DGS's 1st birthday...cupcake liners, candy molds etc. Walked out of there with fabric for 2 new quilts...wasn't even on my list!!!

Diannia

misskira 04-18-2012 01:27 PM

I wish we had one close... That rainbow fabric would make the best dress ever for my 1.5 year old niece. Better start looking for it online... Great haul!