Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Murphy's Law (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/murphys-law-t187171.html)

skowron5 04-25-2012 03:11 PM

Murphy's Law

I had a Viking +1 for 18 years and never had it in than for cleaning and check up. Last August DH bought me the Janome 6600 and I love it.

Last week I said to DH I am not using the Viking it is taking up room where I could put more fabric so I sold it.

Yesterday I was sewing and I got an error code on my Janome. I called my serviceman and after he called Janome figured out I had blown a fuse. Of course I live in a small town and he didn't have any fuses. They won't be in until the first of next week.

I am working on a quilt for Relay for Life that needs to be done in June. Could this happen at a worse time?

I can't believe how much I miss a sewing machine.

GrannieAnnie 04-25-2012 03:19 PM

Sounds like the ghost of the Viking stayed when the machine went.
Evil little critters.

Sweeterthanwine 04-25-2012 03:20 PM

I now have 4 sewing machines - one is a Singer that doesn't work right now, an old Kenmore which is a workhorse, a newer Singer Featherweight which is what I'm using now and the new Janome mini which will go with me in the motorhome. I think everyone needs a working machine to fall back on if you can afford to keep them.

ube quilting 04-25-2012 03:25 PM

I always keep a spare machine in the wings for just this reason. I know a machine will break just when I'm adding binding to project I need for the next day. sorry for the pickle you're in.
peace

Sally J 04-25-2012 03:26 PM

I think the Viking is upset with you for changing brands, you may be haunted now. Hope everything works out. I have a really old Viking D1, now a new Viking Emerald (just in case), however, the D1 has never had a problem and a FW for classes. I see a 2nd backup machine in your future.

Lori S 04-25-2012 03:26 PM

Oh , do get back -up machine. I would be restless and pacing without my machine .

momto5 04-25-2012 05:20 PM

If I lived closer to you, I'd loan you one of mine...sorry!

DeneK 04-25-2012 05:36 PM

What a bummer! That's why I have several machines, BUT I love my Janome 1600P the bestest. I have it on my HandiQuilter frame now so I can finish the 6-7 tops I have done. Since I can't stand at the HQ for long periods, I want a 2nd machine to piece with. I have a cheapy Brother from WalMart - don't like the way it sews and it won't wind the bobbin any more. I have an older Viking which I hoped would be my 2nd piecing machine, but it just does not want to sew straight. Works great for decorative stitching when I need that. Then I have an older White that I am still trying to figure out. But whether I love the extras or not, it does give me a backup so I don't go into withdrawal. LOL!

jaciqltznok 04-25-2012 06:30 PM

yep..go buy you that new small Janome for a backup! It will fit under the bed!

kathdavis 04-25-2012 06:51 PM

Is there ever a good time for your sewing machine to be down? Never, ever. Get a little Brother to keep as a spare. I did.