Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Husband punishment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/husband-punishment-t201111.html)

Prissnboot 09-21-2012 08:50 AM

Husband punishment

My husband was with me at JoAnn's the other day and I picked up a quilting book to page through. He said "OMG, did you know that book was $25?!" I said "OK, first, it's half priced, and secondly, I'm only looking at it for the pictures."

Mr. Smartypants replies, "Oh REALLY, I thought you just bought them for the articles!"

After composing myself, I informed him that ordinarily, remarks like that would land him back in the car to wait for me, but since this is what I think he wants, he just bought himself ten more minutes in the fabric store instead! Oh, and the longer I spend in the store, the more $$$ I spend as a result, so keep it up, Bucko!

So I ask you, what kind of punishments do you dole out to your Mister Smartypants?

Jim 09-21-2012 09:17 AM

LOL I am the MR. Smartypants I wish my wife would dole out punishments like that...of course we are both fabriholics...and I'm not interested in any 12 step programs for it...LOL great story btw

Chasing Hawk 09-21-2012 09:20 AM

I don't feel the need to "dole out" punishment to my husband. It's not right nor is it fair.

I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something. :)

DebraK 09-21-2012 09:22 AM

I like bringing hubs along. He has a thing about buying end of bolt fabric. I always walk out with more fabric then I intended to buy when he goes with me.

MTS 09-21-2012 09:29 AM

MTS 09-21-2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5530713)
I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something. :)

+1

Hah.
But I thought it was the other way - generationally speaking.
Meaning it was an "old marriage" thing.

Annaquilts 09-21-2012 09:34 AM

DH has been really good the last years and enables me. Also I am not into "punishing".

Chasing Hawk 09-21-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK (Post 5530719)
I like bringing hubs along. He has a thing about buying end of bolt fabric. I always walk out with more fabric then I intended to buy when he goes with me.

Mine shoves me in the store throws the VIsa card at me and says .......Have fun!!!

gigi712 09-21-2012 09:45 AM

That's hilarious! Mine says he doesn't mind going with me, but I always feel hurried when he's along, so most times I go alone. Get to touch and feel more fabric that way. :)

huntannette 09-21-2012 09:46 AM

Ha ha ha cute...but I have to be carefull when i bring my hubby along, he always makes me spend more than i had budgeted....isn`t that a drag!!! ha ha ha !! not.....that`s why i always take him along!!!!