Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Food for a small Quilting Bee event (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/food-small-quilting-bee-event-t207289.html)

dray965 11-29-2012 07:25 PM

Food for a small Quilting Bee event

I am a new quilter and I have recently joined a group of 6 other ladies who get together most Monday evenings for quilting and fellowship.

They take turns hosting the quilting in their homes and it is quite enjoyable. We met from 5-9 p.m. and we usually have a simple meal together furnished by the hostess.

Next Monday is my turn and I wonder if any of you have done this before and have some suggestions. I'm leaning towards:

My homemade tomato-based vegetable soup (home grown veggies), Cornbread, salad, cookies, tea.

Does that seem too plain? They have been doing this awhile and while I've known them through work and community for a long time, I am new to the quilting group.

Have any of you done this before? Any suggestions? Kinda anxious about it all.

Dray - SE Oklahoma

azwendyg 11-29-2012 07:39 PM

It sounds absolutely wonderful to me!

Suze9395 11-29-2012 07:49 PM

I agree. Yummy!

francie yuhas 11-29-2012 08:19 PM

I do this frequently. Your menu sounds fine..just don't forget the chocolate! LOL

QuiltE 11-29-2012 08:22 PM

Looks absolutely delicious!
I'd totally enjoy your menu.

The only thing I would do differently, would be to add some protein .... it doesn't need to be a "meat" per se.
Perhaps ... meat in the soup? cheese(s) to cut off and eat with the soup and bread? cheese, chopped meat or chicken and/or nuts in the salad? etc.

quilter68 11-30-2012 07:04 AM

Wish I could be there! Sounds great to me.

Annaquilts 11-30-2012 07:50 AM

Sounds yummy! Let me know when it is on. LOL

As for meat in the soup, how about some very small meatballs for in the soup and some grated cheddar cheese to put on top of the soup.

May in Jersey 11-30-2012 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5689534)
Sounds yummy! Let me know when it is on. LOL

As for meat in the soup, how about some very small meatballs for in the soup and some grated cheddar cheese to put on top of the soup.

Little meatballs sounds great, makes the meal more hearty. May in Jersey

judys 11-30-2012 10:54 AM

Your menu sounds great to me. I am assuming you have attended at least a couple meetings and should be able to judge the type of meal they expect by what was served at those you attended. I sure hope you aren't being asked to serve at your very first meeting!

dray965 11-30-2012 01:27 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I like the idea of the meatballs in it as well as cheese that can be added if desired. And I hadn't thought of hot chocolate...it's getting a little cooler now so that would be perfect.

I am trying for something that will be tasteful but not to difficult to put together.

Thanks again for the advise.

Dray - SE Oklahoma