Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Christmas 2013 I'm ready! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/christmas-2013-im-ready-t211685.html)

BellaBoo 01-22-2013 11:32 AM

Christmas 2013 I'm ready!

Tuesday Morning store had all the beautiful Christmas boxes for 50% off. I love pretty boxes instead of gift wrapping especially Christmas gifts. I bought one box for each of my quilting friends and guild secret pal. Now throughout the year as I find nice items on sale or sew small projects I will fill the boxes. I bought Christmas fat quarters marked down at a quilt shop and put a bundle in each the boxes. If I put nothing else in them it will be a nice gift as is. One thing to get done for the year crossed off my list. :)

redquilter 01-22-2013 11:43 AM

Wow! Now that's what I call planning ahead!

BellaBoo 01-22-2013 11:57 AM

I don't like the feeling of knowing I have to do something so I get as much done and out of the way as possible. It really helps to have the holiday responsibility out of the way before the holiday gets here. I ordered my DD's birthday present yesterday. Her birthday is in July. She wants a quilt but if the quilt doesn't get done I have the gift, so no stress.

deedum 01-22-2013 06:54 PM

Wow, you have me beat! I have been making somethings to put in a Christmas box for my co-workers. I call it " my favorite things". I am filling it full of items that I like to make, like quilted potholders,hanging kitchen towels,nylon scrubbies etc. Gee, now that I am thinking about this, I should of got the boxes first.
Isn't it fun to prethink Christmas with such a wonderful ideas.:) Have fun filling your boxes.

owlvamp 01-22-2013 06:59 PM

I already have all my wrapping paper for 2013. Plus been putting a list together for each person I have on it. So I'm getting there. I always start in January. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but it's the only way I can finish on time.

deedum 01-22-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 5806537)
I already have all my wrapping paper for 2013. Plus been putting a list together for each person I have on it. So I'm getting there. I always start in January. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but it's the only way I can finish on time.

I don't think your crazy! I think your smart! Very smart! In December you won't be scrambling like so many!

labtechkty 01-23-2013 03:04 PM

That is such a cool idea..

Jean45 01-24-2013 05:28 AM

I also, pick up the boxes and sometimes can get them for more than 50% off. I use them for grandchildren, 9 of them. I pick up clearance items during the year and when the box is full it is done. Otherwise, if not full grandma can find something to fill it up.

Sandy65 01-24-2013 05:31 AM

I am always buying things for Christmas at 50% off. Now days you have to.

quiltingcradftylady 01-24-2013 08:44 AM

our hallmark store has Christmas gift items for 75%off. I have bought some birthday gifts for the year like a fondue pot and some ceramic measuring cups.