Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   so ugly that I may not finish it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/so-ugly-i-may-not-finish-t214716.html)

wolph33 02-24-2013 07:03 AM

so ugly that I may not finish it

2 Attachment(s)
it is baby quilt size now and so ugly I am not sure I should waste batting and backing fabric to finish it.

rmccormick 02-24-2013 07:04 AM

don't think it is ugly at all! I like how colorful it is.

oma66 02-24-2013 07:07 AM

Surely, you jest...it certainly is not ugly. It is so homey and comfortable looking that I would want to snuggle beneathe the wonderful colors. Why do you think it is ugly? Anyone would love to have this lovely quilt. Please finish it and give it to someone if you still do not like it because I know someone would LOVE it.

carslo 02-24-2013 07:09 AM

I would finish it, sometimes what we see in our mind doesn't always look the same when actually done. USe a sheet or tablecloth for the backing and throw in a poly batting, Practice that FMQ design you have been afraid to try and donate it to the local women's shelter, hospics center, dog sheter (you get my drift) and try something else. If you do not want to finish it sent it to me and I will finish and donate to my guild - our last donations were to a transition home for men who had returned to society after extended stays in the prison system.

Good luck!

tlrnhi 02-24-2013 07:14 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it. If you don't want to give it to someone that it's intended for, then finish it off and keep it for yourself. It'd be nice just to cover with on chilly days.

lauriejo 02-24-2013 07:15 AM

I am so disappointed. LOL I clicked on this thread expecting to see an ugly quilt, like a fascination for a train wreck ya know, and instead I find a wonderful, fun quilt full of beautiful rich color. It most definitely needs to be finished, but it doesn't need to be you if it won't make you happy to work on it. Maybe take a break from it and work on something else, or pass it along to someone else to finish.

gabeway 02-24-2013 07:25 AM

Looks fine. If you don't like it donate to child services for use with children removed from horrible situations.

SueDor 02-24-2013 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by oma66 (Post 5884374)
Surely, you jest...it certainly is not ugly. It is so homey and comfortable looking that I would want to snuggle beneathe the wonderful colors. Why do you think it is ugly? Anyone would love to have this lovely quilt. Please finish it and give it to someone if you still do not like it because I know someone would LOVE it.

Ditto this!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-24-2013 07:28 AM

It reminds me of my Grandma. Maybe you are too young for it? I'm sure there is a nice lady out there who would love it, but I know how hard it is to finish a quilt you don't like. Maybe there is a place that you can donate just the top to and they will finish it off. Guilds around here do that.

ontheriver 02-24-2013 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo (Post 5884394)
I am so disappointed. LOL I clicked on this thread expecting to see an ugly quilt, like a fascination for a train wreck ya know, and instead I find a wonderful, fun quilt full of beautiful rich color. It most definitely needs to be finished, but it doesn't need to be you if it won't make you happy to work on it. Maybe take a break from it and work on something else, or pass it along to someone else to finish.

I agree, not ugly at all.