Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have this cabinet or one like it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-cabinet-one-like-t224784.html)

gale 06-29-2013 10:02 AM

Does anyone have this cabinet or one like it?

I'm trying to save up for this: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NQN3EE/ I like the leaf on the back for when doing larger quilts and that it folds down to save space when piecing. Plus I want one that lets me put my machine inside so the bed is level with the table (I have that now but the brackets block the hole for the knee lift so I can't use it).

Anyone have one like this? Or are there any others that are the same, only cheaper?

lalaland 06-30-2013 09:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I put a small table behind my sewing table when I need an extension. I have two tables. I have a Gidget table with a drop in it for the sewing machine (my machine is an older, smaller one so I filled in the gaps with a plastic place mat I cut up). I paid around $125 for the smaller Gidget table. The other is a Sauder table, I got it at Walmart and they do go on sale frequently for $99. It doesn't have a drop in although my husband said he could probably rig one up for me.

Knitette 06-30-2013 09:29 AM

I have this exact cabinet (here it's the Horn 'Eclipse') and I LOVE it. When I bought mine I got a 'blank' insert for the top as well as one cut for my Janome. I use the blank as a light box by putting a couple of battery lights from the Pound shop (Dollar store, lol) on top of machine when in the down position.
I've since bought a longer arm Pfaff QE 4 and it almost fills the space, so I haven't bothered with another insert. I love having all my things to hand - I keep a small iron and pad on the right side so I don't have to move if I just want to do small jobs like piecing seams, binding etc.

gale 06-30-2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland (Post 6151840)
I put a small table behind my sewing table when I need an extension. I have two tables. I have a Gidget table with a drop in it for the sewing machine (my machine is an older, smaller one so I filled in the gaps with a plastic place mat I cut up). I paid around $125 for the smaller Gidget table. The other is a Sauder table, I got it at Walmart and they do go on sale frequently for $99. It doesn't have a drop in although my husband said he could probably rig one up for me.

The problem is that I don't have the space to store another table. that's why I like the drop-down leaf. It would not take up any room when it's dropped down. My current table is like the white one you have, and one of those white brackets that hold the shelf is right in front of the hole for the knee lift. My husband had to make the hole in the desk larger to accommodate my 6600 so there's no wiggle room.

gale 06-30-2013 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6151895)
I have this exact cabinet (here it's the Horn 'Eclipse') and I LOVE it. When I bought mine I got a 'blank' insert for the top as well as one cut for my Janome. I use the blank as a light box by putting a couple of battery lights from the Pound shop (Dollar store, lol) on top of machine when in the down position.
I've since bought a longer arm Pfaff QE 4 and it almost fills the space, so I haven't bothered with another insert. I love having all my things to hand - I keep a small iron and pad on the right side so I don't have to move if I just want to do small jobs like piecing seams, binding etc.

thanks! that insert idea sounds like a good one. I have a light box but my kids are always using it.

I've never had a table with a lift inside so that's also something that I really like about it. At $950 I need to start saving up my $$.

OzarksGma 06-30-2013 10:05 AM

I'm an Arrow dealer and own a quilt shop,
if you will let me know exactly what you want I believe I can save you some money.
e-mail me at [email protected]
OzarksGma
Stitches Fine Fabrics & Notions
Cassville, MO

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-30-2013 10:45 AM

I don't have it, but it looks wonderful!

sewmuch 06-30-2013 11:10 AM

I have the Koala cabinet, very similar to the one shown, have had it for years and it works well for me...When we have company it all folds up, machine goes inside and can be rolled out of the way....

Nammie to 7 06-30-2013 01:43 PM

My cabinet also has a leaf that folds up - it stays up as I use the space underneath for quilt kits and drawers of fabric. I like the expanded work space!

twinkie 07-01-2013 02:47 AM

Very nice looking.