Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help name our new fur baby.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-name-our-new-fur-baby-t226638.html)

bea2 07-27-2013 08:58 AM

Help name our new fur baby..

We just adopted a new little kitten this morning. I don't have a picture yet..will post as soon as I can get him to hold still long enough.
The SPCA mobile unit came to a local Kroger lot with dogs and kittens . When I got there all but the one kitten had been adopted. He's about 8 weeks old, solid black with about a dozen white hairs on his chest.
He's already made himself at home. Sam took to him right away and keeps wanting to play with him but just getting ignored.
Our 2 adult cats aren't liking it too much. Just keeping a distance and hissing and growling. I keep reassuring them they're still top kitties here.
I put him up where their food dishes are and he couldn't decide between the canned or hard food. Never had a choice before probably. Ate till his little tummy filled up then I put him down by the communal water dish.
Hubby wasn't too happy about it.. said we're too old for another cat..{65 and 71 this yr.}. I ignored him.
He knew I had my mind made up. I've been wanting a loveable cat that will let me hold him[or her].
Don't know how loveable it will be, but at least lets me hold him.
So, any ideas for names?

JenniePenny 07-27-2013 09:11 AM

I had a little boy cat named Sampson. Sometimes we called him Blackie. Seems like all my cats through the years had two names - a human name and a nick-name.
There was George-a.k.a. Panther (sleek and stealthy); and there is now Anna - a.k.a. Gabby (Very talkative)

The little black kitten is lucky to have you and your loving home. Enjoy!

Chasing Hawk 07-27-2013 09:15 AM

We had a black cat just like yours we named him Sunka (pronouced shoe-ka)
In the Lakota Sioux language it means dog :)

Tartan 07-27-2013 09:18 AM

I would name him another descriptive word for black. Maybe Shadow, Ebony....

gramajo 07-27-2013 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 6199099)
We had a black cat just like yours we named him Sunka (pronouced shoe-ka)
In the Lakota Sioux language it means dog :)

lol My folks had a dog that was named D-O-G pronounced dee-long o-gee

gramajo 07-27-2013 10:29 AM

Since you'd like him be a cuddly cat, what about Cuddles or Snuggly?

Sewflower 07-27-2013 10:47 AM

O.C. means other cat

mighty 07-27-2013 11:16 AM

Maybe C A T. We named one of out dogs D O G. Spell it out instead of just saying the work cat.

ranger 07-27-2013 11:16 AM

........Lucky

nativetexan 07-27-2013 11:29 AM

well I took in a mama cat and her two kittens. somewhat feral. I named the larger kitten Buddy after calling him Brother a lot since I called the much smaller kitten, Sister. turned out Buddy was a Buddie-Rose. A girl. But Buddy would be good for a "real" boy kitten. Otherwise, Oliver, Rudy, so many others I can't think of now.