Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from the UK (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-uk-t226959.html)

csarina 07-31-2013 09:52 AM

Hello from the UK

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I have just found this site. A long time quilter, I live in the East Midlands in a hamlet of about 100 houses just outside our local Market Town.

My first quilt was made for my youngest daughter, a grandmothers flower garden, no one told me it was not the easiest quilt to start with.

Some years later I started taking classes and have not stopped since. I do some commission work but mostly make things for a stall once a year just before Christmas.

I have several UFO's which I keep saying I am going to finish, one is an Amish inspired one I started 8 years ago. It still is not finished......I also have a country quilt on the go and a couple more that need layering up and quilting. I have had to learn to machine quilt as I am developing arthritis in my hands and along with fibromyalgia I do have periods when I just cannot quilt.

How do you finish off the binding on pot holders????? I used to used the same method as finishing the binding on a quilt, however I find working in the very small area on a pot holder very difficult and fiddly. I have been using a slightly different method recently.........but I am not really happy with that either.

This is a quilt I made as a commission for a baby girls who was born earlier this month, Sun Bonnet Sue. The quilt was given to the baby by her aunt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427403[/ATTACH]

Tartan 07-31-2013 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]427412[/ATTACH]Welcome from Ontario, Canada. A sweet Sue Bonnet Sue quilt! I bind my pot holder just like my quilts but instead of doing a seam in then, I use a little extra binding and use that to make the hanging loop. I will post a picture as soon as I take one.....I run the binding over the starting end and then straight stitch the rest of the way to the end of the binding. I then fold the extra to the back and anchor it with my tie tack stitch.

CoventryUK 07-31-2013 10:48 AM

A warm welcome from the West Midlands! There is so much inspiration on this Board! Love your Sunbonnet Sue! Very pretty!

leaha 07-31-2013 10:54 AM

a warm welcome from western KY!

csarina 07-31-2013 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK (Post 6207332)
A warm welcome from the West Midlands! There is so much inspiration on this Board! Love your Sunbonnet Sue! Very pretty!

Hey someone else in the UK.....Hi............

Misty's Mom 07-31-2013 12:15 PM

Welcome from Spring, TX, USA. Sunbonnet sue is one of my favorite quilts. Love yours.

ann clare 07-31-2013 12:43 PM

Welcome from Ireland.

Thumbelina 07-31-2013 01:06 PM

Hello csarina welcome from NE Ohio.

J Carol 07-31-2013 02:04 PM

Welcome from Adrian, MI USA

omacookie 07-31-2013 02:09 PM

Welcome to this board from S. Louisiana. Hugs