Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Fabric in Wal Mart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/fabric-wal-mart-t230752.html)

sew_itnow 09-21-2013 11:55 AM

Fabric in Wal Mart

Yea!!!!!! Wal Mart in Oak Ridge, TN is putting fabric back in the store. I hope it will be as good a quality as it used to be.

RedGarnet222 09-21-2013 12:11 PM

Great! Ours has some nice fabrics with great prices in there. Have fun!

JuneBillie 09-21-2013 02:06 PM

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out next time I am in Oak Ridge. Ours in Scott County also has fabric, but each store can have different items to check out.

sandilee 09-21-2013 02:51 PM

I always look at our local WalMart first fot fabric. Have had no problems with it and its cheaper.

kiffie2413 09-21-2013 04:54 PM

Ours has some great fabrics..seems like the last year or so their prices have crept up on several of their fabrics to where many are about the same price as the lqs I go to quilting group at. Now I will say they also have had a couple of huge sales, like making way for new fabrics, there were some excellent prices then! The main "flaw" I have noticed is many of their directional fabrics (like stripes, plaids, etc.) are wavy, or so crooked even a pressing with Best Press won't straighten them. I also get tired of trying to find someone to cut fabric for me..all of the ones around where I live need more help. Last few times it has been guy in Sporting Goods that had to help me, and I had to help him know what to do..lol.. I told him if the scissors weren't locked up and I could run the little printer I could cut it myself! We both had a laugh..
K

misspriss 09-21-2013 04:57 PM

Frisco TX Wal-Mart has put in a nice fabric center.

sew_itnow 09-21-2013 05:33 PM

When we had our fabrics before it had great fabric and wonderful prices. We always had to stand in line to get it cut and most of the time they had 2 people cutting at he same time.

Wounded warrior wife 09-21-2013 05:39 PM

hey ladies, you must read the quilting book 1776; Walmart fabric won the International Quilting Award ! Its one of the best history books about quilting I have read.

Mitch's mom 09-21-2013 07:05 PM

The Walmart in Sparta, TN and Crossville only have the pre-cuts from Creative Cuts. It is Springs fabric but to say the selection is limited is an understatement. I heard the Rockwood, TN Walmart and also Jamestown, TN have fabric departments.

I was in PA 2 weeks ago for a funeral. I went to the Grove City, PA Walmart and could have spent hours shopping in their fabric department. I got Steeler Fabrics and quilt backings, I also Scored a Brother SQ9050 sewing machine on clearance for 140.00. Great fabric Department.

daisydawg 09-21-2013 07:42 PM

If anyone is coming to Yuma AZ for the winter, the Walmart on 32nd Street is in the process of adding a Fabric department.