Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Newly Furnished & Re Organized Sewing Space (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-newly-furnished-re-organized-sewing-space-t232092.html)

Divokittysmom 10-09-2013 10:03 AM

My Newly Furnished & Re Organized Sewing Space

2 Attachment(s)
My incredible wonderful hubby helped me create my dream sewing space!! I am thrilled with the results! He built my cutting table which is now the perfect height for me. I no longer have to lean down for cutting tasks. I have a very sensitive lower back so leaning over for me even a teeny bit is very painful and brings a screeching halt to my days' work in my sewing room. My drawer units are repurposed, I used to have them stacked on top of each other. Now, there is one on each side of my cutting table holding all my supplies, patterns, notions etc etc. The table top is framed by a nice edging which no longer allows my marking pens to roll off the table! YAY!!:thumbup: It is 4 ft by 5 ft.
My Sewing table is 11 ft long with 4 drawer units from Ikea. They are the Alex drawer units. The table top is 2 tabletops from Ikea, all pre finished. They worked perfectly on top of the drawer units!! The sewing table is pretty close to the perfect height. It allows me to move a machine or two and work on my quilts when I am quilting them. I LOVE the drawer units!
A big bonus was choosing to go with all white. My old sewing tables were dark walnut finish. I was so amazed when I sat down to my white sewing table.. it reflects the light from my window so I benefit twice from my window....if that makes sense!
I only have to re paint the walls and put up some shelves for my doll collection and I am totally done! I couldn't be more thrilled and... I have the most awesome incredible wonderful hubby in the world... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: even before he created my dream sewing space!! ♥♥♥

Diannia 10-09-2013 10:36 AM

What a wonderful place to create!

Divokittysmom 10-09-2013 11:06 AM

Thank you Diannia! Yes, it really is! It feels so 'professional' in here now!!

bjsmith57 10-09-2013 11:18 AM

Very nice - - thanks for sharing.

Cam's gram 10-09-2013 02:42 PM

Very nice - I can see spending a lot of time in there. I love it.

quiltnut4ever 10-09-2013 02:53 PM

LOVE IT! I'm curious about the last photo, how did you put that together (cutting table) and love the bins and the colors! The nearest IKEA to me is 2.5 hrs away but am willing to learn! Enjoy your great creative room!

Mariposa 10-09-2013 03:04 PM

Wonderful creative space! Love the drawers, and especially the table in 2nd photo!! :)

sewmom 10-09-2013 03:30 PM

What a great room! I love it!

tessagin 10-09-2013 03:53 PM

Love your room!

Emma S 10-10-2013 05:03 AM

Looks like a great place to spend time. Your layout looks very easy to use. What color are you going to paint the walls?