Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This one is a bit different... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/one-bit-different-t242021.html)

Dina 02-25-2014 03:55 PM

This one is a bit different...

1 Attachment(s)
i just put these blocks (and pieces) on my design wall. The color is actually a deep purple. I am not sure that it will show up that way. Purple just sometimes photographs a bit funny.

But this sure is different than what I have been making. Change is good, right? This one is called Study in Black and White by Julie Popa. (Yes, I know mine isn't black and white. I wasn't ready to go there yet...)

Do you sometimes make a quilt that is sort of way out there?

Dina

Tartan 02-25-2014 04:10 PM

​Looks neat!

Doggramma 02-25-2014 04:13 PM

Well I love it! The setting is very striking and graphic. Yes, I've been doing some different things myself lately. I just finished a baby quilt that was black, white and gray (baby mother's choice) then believe it or not, I have another request for a gray and white baby quilt. Gray is the new color. That's what keeps quilting interesting that's for sure! (I'll post a photo when I get the chance later)

Dina 02-25-2014 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Doggramma (Post 6596372)
Well I love it! The setting is very striking and graphic. Yes, I've been doing some different things myself lately. I just finished a baby quilt that was black, white and gray (baby mother's choice) then believe it or not, I have another request for a gray and white baby quilt. Gray is the new color. That's what keeps quilting interesting that's for sure! (I'll post a photo when I get the chance later)

Lori, I look forward to seeing pictures of either of these quilts. I had not thought of these colors for babies, but why not... I have seen several camouflage baby quilts, so why not grey, black, and white.

Dina

AnnieSue 02-25-2014 04:35 PM

One different thing leads to something even more different until you find where you're supposed to be headed!

joyce888 02-25-2014 04:42 PM

So far I've only planned something way different than what I usually make. Yours is very pretty.

toverly 02-25-2014 06:33 PM

I like it, I haven't tried a really graphic quilt yet, I think you did a great job.

ManiacQuilter2 02-25-2014 06:43 PM

I LIKE it too. You have an ERROR on the first block to the left in row three. The top print section is not there. I have been wanting to do that pattern but haven't had the time to put it into Electric quilt.

Jeanne S 02-25-2014 07:15 PM

I love it!! It is clean and modern looking and those are what I do/like best!! Love the purple too.

Dina 02-25-2014 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6596580)
I LIKE it too. You have an ERROR on the first block to the left in row three. The top print section is not there. I have been wanting to do that pattern but haven't had the time to put it into Electric quilt.

Thanks, I found that piece on the floor after I took the picture and posted it. :) I appreciate you catching the error though...there is always the chance I wouldn't have.

Dina