Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Question for those hardcore fitness women (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/question-those-hardcore-fitness-women-t242327.html)

hopetoquilt 03-02-2014 04:47 AM

Question for those hardcore fitness women

I need a sports bra for intense workouts. It is so hard to find something that will hold everything VERY securely in place during an intense workout. I run, do crossfit and lift.

Any recommended brands for a woman who is say... 36D but slender...?

thanks for your help.

Tartan 03-02-2014 04:57 AM

​No recommendation but applause! You go girl!

Stitchnripper 03-02-2014 05:01 AM

Don't know where you are in NJ, but in Paramus there is an Intimacy Bra Store where you could get a fitting and some options. Once you know your size and brands you can sometimes find them on line cheaper.

paoberle 03-02-2014 05:06 AM

Check out Title 9 Sports online. It is a women's only active/sports clothing site run by women. They have a great bra selection with all different types of support.

Tothill 03-04-2014 09:57 PM

My daughter has an unusual bra size (32 J). The only place I have found sports bras that fit her is Nordstroms. I cannot remember the brand name, but the staff were very helpful.

I make her regular daily bras, as I cannot afford to pay over $100.00 each for bras in her size (if I can find them).

quiltingcandy 03-04-2014 10:56 PM

My daughter gets hers through Sports Authority, and tries to wait for them to be on sale. She is a 34D.

quiltingcandy 03-04-2014 11:31 PM

I forgot to mention - the brand is Nike and if they have them at Ross or Marshall's she will get them there too. Also, does buy them a size smaller - seems to support better.

Sandygirl 03-05-2014 03:44 AM

I am a 36DD. NO Sports bra Will hold me "securely". But I buy good every day bras for the support that I can get. Wacoal is my go-to everyday bra. $60.00 range and worth every dime. I have not purchased a sports bra for some time so no ideas here. Most of them flattened me down but I suppose that is the point of them.

I also agree with checking out the "specialty" bra and lingerie shops that stock hard to fit/find sizes. My late aunt was a double F and she was able to get fitted at one of those shops. My moms' side of the family is "blessed" with ample boobs and I inherited that trait tho I have also kept my overall weight in check which they had not.

Also, Sports Authority, etc may be helpful. I think I bought Columbia brand when I did buy sports bras.

Sandy

hopetoquilt 03-15-2014 12:42 PM

Thanks for the info!

Onetomatoplant 03-15-2014 02:51 PM

The best, most supportive AND comfortable sports bras I have found are made by a company called Moving Comfort - they're pricey, but well worth it. I'm full figured, and they hold it all in place.