Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilting Magazine Subscriptions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilting-magazine-subscriptions-t245995.html)

knitwitrosie 04-29-2014 12:29 PM

Quilting Magazine Subscriptions

I was wondering if there were any quilting magazines out there worth the subscription. I'm a newbie to quilting (not to sewing though) and am looking for sources of inspiration.

Anyone have a magazine that you just absolutely love?

QuiltnNan 04-29-2014 12:35 PM

the new one called Block from Missouri Star Quilt Co seems to be a big hit. when i was a newbie, i found Fons and Porter quite informative

Lori S 04-29-2014 12:35 PM

I stopped my all my subscriptions a few years ago. So many free patterns on the manufactures web sites and other web sites. Too many times I was less than thrilled with an issue. Now if I find an issue of a particular magazine that has something , I buy just that magazine issue.

knitwitrosie 04-29-2014 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6696841)
the new one called Block from Missouri Star Quilt Co seems to be a big hit. when i was a newbie, i found Fons and Porter quite informative

I just signed up for their subscription and plan on buying the couple back issues when they're available :)

franc36 04-29-2014 01:26 PM

Block is the quilting magazine I would get, as a new quilter, if I could get only one. McCall's Quick Quilts, Quilty, and Easy Quilts were magazines I liked as a new quilter.

grammysharon 04-29-2014 02:41 PM

My favorite is still Quilters Newletter!!! I have subscribed for about 20 years and it just keeps getting better!!!

Originally Posted by knitwitrosie (Post 6696833)
I was wondering if there were any quilting magazines out there worth the subscription. I'm a newbie to quilting (not to sewing though) and am looking for sources of inspiration.

Anyone have a magazine that you just absolutely love?

mike'sgirl 04-29-2014 02:43 PM

I like Mcalls.

quiltsRfun 04-29-2014 02:58 PM

I like Quiltmaker and American Patchwork & Quilting.

suern3 04-29-2014 03:09 PM

I get American Patchwork and Quilting and McCalls. I like both of them. They have good instructions with their patterns and also lessons on various quilting topics. Also enjoy the links to their websites for videos and tutorials. I think a new quilter can learn a lot from both of them. I like the internet patterns, etc., but really enjoy reading and re-reading the magazines. Plus I must admit, I can't seem to get rid of them! I've tried Fons and Porter several times but they are just not my favorite. Also am getting Block and I love Jenny Doan but still doesn't have the lessons and details of the other ones. Good luck on your search.

momto5 04-29-2014 03:14 PM

I love Quilter's Newsletter and American Quilter's Society both; also get Machine Quilting for all the great longarm quilting stuff they have.