Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Bed risers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/bed-risers-t246987.html)

Onetomatoplant 05-18-2014 10:07 AM

Bed risers

Hi, all!

We're in the process of finishing our basement and I'm moving my quilting stuff down there (yay, me!). I have a kitchen table donated to me from my SIL that will be my cutting/pressing table, but it's about five inches too low. I've seen here that people use bed risers to raise their cutting tables. If you use them, do you like them? My biggest question is are they sturdy enough?

Thanks for for any info!

KrissyD. 05-18-2014 10:23 AM

I have Bed Risers under our bed so I can store tubs but I'm not sure they wouldn't wobble under a table , the bed is heavy enough , they aren't that expensive if you decide to give them a try . The only issue for the bed was I paid a chunk for a longer bed skirt , but it was worth it . Bed risers ARE sturdy .

quiltingcandy 05-18-2014 10:29 AM

Any chance you could just put on new table legs? Maybe use some 4 x 4's? My DH cannot do such things but my friend is fearless when it comes to altering things to her own needs.

SHELTIE'SMAMA 05-18-2014 11:42 AM

I live in a small apartment so no large table in the sewing room. I put bed risers under my kitchen table when I have a big cutting project. I've had no issues with wobble and enjoy the space it gives me.

Terri D. 05-18-2014 01:24 PM

Yes, I love mine. They are solid wood, and if you need more than one set, they lock together.

joysewer 05-18-2014 02:34 PM

I used them in my sewing room with a banquet table and they were ok. Now, we took the legs off of a farm table that used to be in my kitchen and I bought 2 of those 9 cubbie organizer things and I put those back to back under the table top. That is now my cutting table and the cubbies all have bins in them to store projects in. I like it much better and it made the table the right height.

jeank 05-18-2014 03:58 PM

I use the bed raisers for my cutting table. We always take them to guild to raise the tables for cutting and pinning too. At a retreat, the facility used sections of Plastic plumbing pipe to raise the banquet tables for us.

Onetomatoplant 05-18-2014 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by joysewer (Post 6721804)
I used them in my sewing room with a banquet table and they were ok. Now, we took the legs off of a farm table that used to be in my kitchen and I bought 2 of those 9 cubbie organizer things and I put those back to back under the table top. That is now my cutting table and the cubbies all have bins in them to store projects in. I like it much better and it made the table the right height.

Now that's an idea! I need to refinish my table, so I may do the cubby thing when I do that. I can put wheels on the cubbies, too, so I can roll it around when I need to. Thank you!

pdcakm 05-18-2014 04:44 PM

yep, bed risers work great. i put them under my 6 ft folding table when i need to raise it. also use them at our quilting group. inexpensive and easily transportable. very sturdy.

Cindy60545 05-19-2014 02:54 AM

I also have them under my cutting table. I have one of those plastic picnic tables that you can pick up at Walmart cheaply. Then I used the risers to bring it up to a more desirable height. I've had it this way for @ 3 years & have never had a problem with it moving on me.