Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ohhh....I've just got to share this..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ohhh-ive-just-got-share-t247530.html)

Elfi2 05-28-2014 01:09 PM

Ohhh....I've just got to share this.....

Last year I made a quilt for my sister in Germany. It was the first time I bought all the fabric and material for it new :) The pattern of the fabric was called "under the Australian sun" and it was quite expensive (didn't want to be stingy with something for my sister) and I send it off beginning of December. It never arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( I thought someone had stolen it in transit, Australia Post could tell me it had left the country but after that.....they lost trace.... I thought well maybe the container has fallen off the ship and some shark was having a great time with it.....
UNTIL YESTERDAY....!!!! My sister rang me all excited.....her quilt has arrived!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!! and that after nearly 6 months in transit. There you go, you should never loose hope!!! I so often prayed for this quilt to somehow turn up, so YES thank you Lord!!! She was thrilled and of course I was too :) A HAPPY ENDING :)

RedGarnet222 05-28-2014 01:18 PM

Wow! They have pony express there? Dang that took a very long time in transit. I wish it could talk and tell us where it has been.

Tartan 05-28-2014 01:22 PM

​Wow, it must have been on a slooow boat. Thank goodness it arrived.

RipStitcher 05-28-2014 01:30 PM

You know.. don't you.... that this means you should be sending this year's gift to her right about now!

:)

All kidding aside, so glad you had such a nice surprise!

Good for both of you!!!

athomenow 05-28-2014 01:50 PM

I'm so happy that worked out for you. I honestly don't know where packages go, perhaps on a little holiday before ending up where they should be. Glad it arrived and she's happy!
I always put all the tracing on my packages I can. At least I have some idea where things went wrong. Usually it's the driver putting it off at the wrong address and the person being dishonest enough to keep it.

DonnaPBradshaw 05-28-2014 02:10 PM

so happy for you! If I send a quilt in the mail I think I will make sure to pay the extra money to ensure it!

PaperPrincess 05-28-2014 02:23 PM

Yay!!!! I have some of that fabric in red, I'm sure your quilt was just stunning!

jbj137 05-28-2014 02:25 PM

*** I am soo glad that it arrived in good shape & safe.

Elfi2 05-28-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw (Post 6735132)
so happy for you! If I send a quilt in the mail I think I will make sure to pay the extra money to ensure it!

Yes, I know this would be a wise move but then if you insure it for ...say $200 or $300 the problem is that then on the other end they will have to pay a fortune on custom duties....something you don't want to impose on anyone you are making a present for... But I will make sure at least I will send it by registered mail!!! :)

QuiltnNan 05-28-2014 02:35 PM

fantastic !