Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   July weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/july-weight-loss-t249217.html)

meanmom 06-28-2014 06:59 PM

July weight loss

July Weight Loss
July 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
On July 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On July 30th, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on August 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
IN July we know how hot it gets outside so lets find some creative ways to exercise. So lets see how we can play with some batik FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is July 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Edie 06-29-2014 02:56 AM

Help - Help - Help - I forgot how to send a PM on the weight loss for the month. Can anyone give me some instructions? I thank you very much. Edie

Kimarene 06-29-2014 04:48 AM

Great idea! I'll do it.

Pete 06-29-2014 07:15 AM

Batiks! Count me in. I dread weighing in tomorrow --- but.....will really try for July!!

QuiltnNan 06-29-2014 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Edie (Post 6778603)
Help - Help - Help - I forgot how to send a PM on the weight loss for the month. Can anyone give me some instructions? I thank you very much. Edie

click on meanmom's name at the top of her post. a menu of choices will show. click on Private Message. HTH

irishrose 06-29-2014 01:20 PM

Okay, I'll bite. I've lost enough weight that I can't win next month, but on the outside chance, I'll try. No, never mind. My cast comes off the 29th so I won't be able to accurately gauge my weight loss. I guess I could have my month stop on the morning of the 29th. That way, I won't be counting the weight of the cast. My batiks are prewashed.

meanmom 06-29-2014 01:53 PM

My brain is in vacation mode. I am having a wonderful relaxing time here in Hilton Head. We are going out to my favorite restaurant tonight for tapas. MMMMMM! And lots of wine.
The fabric theme for the next 3 months is July batiks, August black and white, September pink.

mateoh 06-29-2014 03:06 PM

Count me in again although I will be out of the country from July 8th through the 22nd. Our first vacation together without any children in 37 years. How strange that will be. I am hoping to maintain and not gain. I don't really mind if I don't lose during vacation. I will be sending out my FQ's on Wednesday. I love the selections.

Maureen

Pam H 06-29-2014 07:36 PM

I'm in again.

Teddybear Lady 06-29-2014 08:07 PM

Count me in again. I'll get my FQ's to you soon.
Debbie
The Teddybear Lady