Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: July weight loss

Blog Entries

July weight loss

July Weight Loss
    July 2014 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On July 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On July 30th, weigh yourself again and PM your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on August 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    IN July we know how hot it gets outside so lets find some creative ways to exercise. So lets see how we can play with some batik FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure is July 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating just post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address.

Blog Entries
    Help - Help - Help - I forgot how to send a PM on the weight loss for the month. Can anyone give me some instructions? I thank you very much. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Great idea! I'll do it.
    If I had known how much fun I could have quilting, I would have started 40 years ago!

Blog Entries
    Batiks! Count me in. I dread weighing in tomorrow --- but.....will really try for July!!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    Help - Help - Help - I forgot how to send a PM on the weight loss for the month. Can anyone give me some instructions? I thank you very much. Edie
    click on meanmom's name at the top of her post. a menu of choices will show. click on Private Message. HTH
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'll bite. I've lost enough weight that I can't win next month, but on the outside chance, I'll try. No, never mind. My cast comes off the 29th so I won't be able to accurately gauge my weight loss. I guess I could have my month stop on the morning of the 29th. That way, I won't be counting the weight of the cast. My batiks are prewashed.

Blog Entries
    My brain is in vacation mode. I am having a wonderful relaxing time here in Hilton Head. We are going out to my favorite restaurant tonight for tapas. MMMMMM! And lots of wine.
    The fabric theme for the next 3 months is July batiks, August black and white, September pink.

Count me in again although I will be out of the country from July 8th through the 22nd. Our first vacation together without any children in 37 years. How strange that will be. I am hoping to maintain and not gain. I don't really mind if I don't lose during vacation. I will be sending out my FQ's on Wednesday. I love the selections.

Maureen

I'm in again.

Count me in again. I'll get my FQ's to you soon.
    Debbie
    The Teddybear Lady

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    click on meanmom's name at the top of her post. a menu of choices will show. click on Private Message. HTH
    Thank you so very much. I guess this means Rocky Road Ice Cream is out, eh? Appreciate your help. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    I am in! Got my lettuce, fruit and veggies and my grill all ready for me. I have my indoor walking tape ready for two miles a day and God willin' and the "crick" don't rise, I'll be where I was 2-1/2 years ago. I just can't sit around and do a lot of nothing......got to keep this old bod a'movin'!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone. Edie

BELIEVE

I'm game! Count me in!
    Take time to recharge your batteries. It’s hard to see where you’re going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

Blog Entries
    I may be a little bit slow answering PM's until the 5th. I am on vacation and am not on the computer as much. I will answer ASAP. So I guess I should accept people signing up for a day or 2 extra.
    Hilton Head is wonderful. We talked my 87 year old mom into flying down today. SHe is really excited. She was going to go to the lake with my brother later this week so we will drop her off there on the way home. Our eating has not been too awful. We do water aerobics every morning and walk the beach during the day. We walked about 3/4 mile yesterday and my knee feels ok today so we will probably go further today.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

Count me in again, although I'm never any competition.

Girlfriends and I went to see Jersey Boys last night and then went to a little sandwich shop for dinner. I made a better choice than my usual, zucchini sandwich with fruit. It was good as well as filling. I just had water to drink. I still had a great time with lots of laughs and felt so much better about what I ate. Here's to good choices for today!!

I am in again also.

I'm playing again .... giving it another try.

Blog Entries
    meanmom
    Kimarene
    Pete
    QuiltnNan
    Irishrose
    mateoh
    Pam H
    TeddyBear Lady
    Edie
    AnnT
    CindyA
    mj machine
    MaryMo

Welcome back to returnees and welcome to any first timers. May we all do well this month. Batiks have a way of bringing out our best efforts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks JUdy for making the list for me. We are having an awesome time. I have to go home on Friday

I'm in for July, will send my FQ in soon.

A new month, in which we can all excel! (I'm only joining the journey, no contest. I've been on the fabric wagon since 2001)
    It was 93 here yesterday, I went for my walk at 5:30 AM this morning. And wondered how I'll keep it up when the snow and ice set in. I don't want to lose my momentum. Guess I have better things to worry about.

Elvis is alive and well in Kalama, I say hey to him every morning (if I get that far down the hill)

I've uploaded elvis twice but it isn't appearing in the post. You'll just have to believe me...

Blog Entries
    You're welcome, Pat. I must have been bored last night. I'll update it after the sign in cut off date. Bored, no. I hate that word. if my children used it, I found them something to do - outside their normal chores. One daughter never learned so I had some clean windows in the LR and DR when she was a teen. Windows were her father's job, but dog prints, cat prints and kid prints needed doing more than twice a year.

KM, Yaxtrax and walking sticks - mine are made from old cross country ski poles - will keep you upright in most instances. I can't use my poles now because of two dogs on Flexileads. I like how they add exercise to the midsection and arms. BTW, I love Elvis. An Elvis CD will be good sewing music today. Some day your picture will load.

c&p from June - I never know where to post the first of each month:
    My batik quilt will be done before the winner for July is announced and I seriously doubt I will be a contender having lost quite a bit (for me) in June, but the word 'batik' still makes me sign up. Did I say I have an obsession? I have changed my mind on how I'm choosing the colors to go together in the 1/4 circle blocks. Instead of being hung up on light/dark, I think I will just look for contrast so I can use a red/black, etc. I don't think I want it 50% light. Aren't design walls wonderful?

Prayers for all our holiday travelers. My son will be on the road today and a little tomorrow - 13 1/2 hours from his jobsite to home. And I have an hour's drive (in good traffic) into a tourist area to go to the doctor tomorrow. The Traverse City Cherry festival starts this weekend so the traffic will be terrible. My friend who is driving my car isn't concerned - he is a very calm person - just what I need, so we'll be fine.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy

Whoops. Forgot to write "I'm in, too"!
    Purl

Blog Entries
    I am really enjoying my vacation. Hurricane Arthur is making his way up the coast so not too sure about the weather today. It isn't hitting here. The waves were pretty high yesterday and the surfers were out. They are fun to watch. we were standing in the water not much past our knees and I got knocked down 3 times. It was fun. With my knee still being weak I figured it was easier to fall on my butt than to try to stay up. We stood in the water for at least an hour. We went out to dinner last night and the food was delicious. Probably the best food I have ever had. My shorts still button so I guess the damage isn't too bad. We will be driving home on Friday. It is about 11 1/2 hours. We will take a break when we drop my mom off at my brothers lake house.
    Healthy eating to everyone.

Wishing everyone a safe and fun 4th weekend!! Put some good stuff on the grill and enjoy!!

I have started a new quilt for a neighbor/friend for Christmas. Since she loves loves purple I decided it had to have lots of purple in it. Of course I had only "one" piece of purple fabric in my entire collection!! So off I go to shop! I now have a fine collection and have begun to cut. I love starting a new project. This should help to keep me out of the kitchen when the snacking attacks hit!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast