Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: July Weight loss

Blog Entries

July Weight loss

July Weight Loss 2015
    July Weight Loss Challenge 2015

July 2015 Weight Loss Adventure with Prize!!
    On July 1st, weigh yourself and write it down. DO NOT send it to me. On July 31st, weigh yourself again and PM me your loss. This is weight lost not percentage lost. I will announce the winner on August 3rd.

The prize is a themed FQ from each member. Once a winner is declared, I will contact the winner and FQ's will be mailed by the 6th.

Private message (PM) me for the mailing address. All FQ's should be mailed by the 15th of the month. You need to check in on the thread at least once a week to be eligible for the winning "skinny quarters aka FQ's" and to be declared the "biggest loser" for the month.

You cannot win 2 months in a row.

Chit Chat is allowed, as wells as WAYWO (what are you working on). Please stay positive and uplifting as possible to keeps us all on track. Share tips, recipes, encouraging words and {{{HUGS}}}
    June is good weather to be outside to exercise. . So I thought a good FQ theme for July would batiks so we are ready for swimsuits. So I think it is the month we should try to renew our commitment to weight loss and our health We need to get ready for swimsuit season. We are all so used to doing for others.Remember sometimes it is ok to put yourself first. So lets see how we can play with some your choice of FQ's. Please send quality fabric that you would want to receive in return. As always if you don't have the theme, send what you have. If you don't have a FQ, then send a linear 1/4 yard. If you have signed up to be in the running for the prize, please send your FQ to the hostess by the 15th of the month. As the winner has worked hard for her prize.

Eat healthy, exercise, make wise choices and lose weight but most of all have fun!!!

Sign up deadline to be a part of the PRIZE adventure July 4th at 9 pm cst. You are encourage to contribute to the thread even if you are not in for the prize.

To let me know you are participating post on the thread and then send a PM for the mailing address. Our FQ theme for July is batiks.

Blog Entries
    I was late posting the new thread so I will leave it open until July 6th. I am on vacation and forgot to post it.

Count me in again!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    Maybe this will be the inspiration I need to get off my duff and get this done.

Blog Entries
    I'm in for the swim...I meant win!
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

I'm in too!

I wanted to be in for July, but I swear on the June thread it said July was going to be purple! I just went out and bought a purple FQ... and I'm not going to make it back to the store for a while.

I'm a little confused about the mailing deadlines: is it mailed in July or August? I would have to wait to August, to know who the winner is - right? If it's an August mailing deadline, I'm definitely in. If it's a July mailing, I don't think I can. We're doing some traveling and I just can't make it back to the shop before we go. I'm very disappointed!
    ~Erin

I'm in.
    Erin, every month's challenge goes from the 1st of the month to the last day of the month. You are supposed to get your fq sent to meanmom by the 15th.

Blog Entries
    Erin, you are correct. On the June thread it did say the theme for JUly is purple. I wrote it down backwards on my spreadsheet. So the theme is supposed to be purple, but if you bought a batik that is fine too. You mail it to me and I mail them out to the winner. As long as it gets to me in time to mail it out that is fine.
    Pat

I am in. Technically I am vacation but we are camping close by. I am dropping by home to do laundry and am stopping by to "see" everyone. Best wishes for July!
    Anna Quilts

Waht I am working on Patriotic Block swap 2015

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t265433-5.html

I just submitted my blocks to this swap. I did some several years ago and just finished a very large 10x10 feet patriotic quilt for DH. We are actually sleeping under it for our camping trip.

Here is a picture of the blocks I submitted and a picture of the quilt I made out of blocks from a previous patriotic swap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anna Quilts

I'm in for July.

Annaquilts, pretty quilts!! Thanks for sharing. Where are you camping? I have family in Chula Vista. We've camped here on the east coat, but never when we lived in CA. Would love to see some camping pics, too, if you are so inclined. We did lots of camping with scouts as well as family trips when the boys were younger.

Blog Entries
    I just got home from Hilton Head. Back to reality:-( OMG I did OK on vacation until the last couple of days. OMG we ate so much junk I am surprised I'm not sick. My SIL is a bad influence. She also spends tons of money when she shops so I spent too much too.
    It was a wonderful relaxing time. We went on many long bike rides and beach walks. I guess I had to come home while some of my clothes still fit. I will also have to face the scale in the morning. Hilton Head is a wonderful place. I already have an invite for next year. My DH hates the beach.

I remember that kind of vacation - wearing my tighter fitting pants at the beginning and saving the elastic waist and looser ones for the end. We spent a week in Hilton Head several years ago. I LOVED it! Pat, do you have room for me to go along next year?

I hope everyone is enjoying a safe holiday weekend. Annaquilts, I love your patriotic quilt. Great use of color and design. I have one on my someday list.

Pat, sounds like you had an amazing time! Sounds like your knee did not hinder you at all!

I've been faithfully doing PT twice daily. I have no stamina and get tired of sitting/laying around. I had hoped I would be like Pat and not have much pain; I have way more than I want. I try to walk around my grassed-in area every hour or so to try to deter the pain, plus to just move a little. I see my surgeon on Thursday and I'm hoping he clears me for driving. Also see my primary for followup blood work; seems I am anemic because of blood loss from surgery #1. Then I also have physical therapy M - W - F. I try to save pain meds for bedtime, but today I have had one twice already. That much pain meds in my system makes me foggy headed - don't wanna surf, read, sew, etc. But, I do believe that I get stronger with each day - I'm just impatient. It takes me 2-3 hours to shower, shave my legs, and wash/dry my hair. Pat, did you have to wear 'tent hose'? I'm supposed to wear mine for 6 weeks from my last surgery - only 3 more to go. Funny thing - my dear hubby thinks they are the sexiest thing I can wear.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Blog Entries
    Lynne I could only walk on mostly level ground for the first 4 or 5 weeks. Walking in the grass was hard at first. I stayed on the sidewalks. Hopefully your surgeon has some suggestions for your pain. I was lucky there too, I only took 2 pain pills after I came home at night so I could sleep better. I also was able to get rid of the tent hose when I came home. I had very little swelling. I still have a little bit of swelling from time to time. The doctor said that was normal and could continue for quite some time. I think I was the exception for recovery and was very lucky. I was anemic for a while too and didn't have a lot of energy. Keep up your PT, I did find that moving helped me feel better. I hope things get better for you. I was bored sitting around too.
    I stepped on the scale this morning it was not good news. Back to eating right in the morning. I do notice that I kinda feel lousy and sluggish since I have been eating so bad. We found a French bakery and went there twice plus bought some home with us. I had a real croissant and some other things. OMG was it all good. I am heading to Costco in the morning to get some veggies etc.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Pat

I am home, finally. I am in for this month. I will do better!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    The winner for June is Coffeegirl with a loss of 4.7 pounds, awesome job. Keep up the good work.
    AnnaQuilts lost 14.6 pounds but can't win 2 months in a row.
    Congratulations.

Yeah CoffeeGirl! Congratulations - enjoy your pretty fabrics!

AnnaQuilts, seems I remember you having issues with a plateau; sounds like you exploded right through that! Great job!

Good luck for July everyone!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I'm in for July.

Annaquilts, pretty quilts!! Thanks for sharing. Where are you camping? I have family in Chula Vista. We've camped here on the east coat, but never when we lived in CA. Would love to see some camping pics, too, if you are so inclined. We did lots of camping with scouts as well as family trips when the boys were younger.
    Hi! We are at San Onofre. It has been cold but I am still enjoying it. It doesn't stop the kids from getting in. I'll try and post some pictures later on.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Leann View Post
    Yeah CoffeeGirl! Congratulations - enjoy your pretty fabrics!

AnnaQuilts, seems I remember you having issues with a plateau; sounds like you exploded right through that! Great job!

Good luck for July everyone!
    Hmm yes I seem to be hitting plateaus frequently now. It might be the combination vacation, friends that make me goodies and lots of laying around. Also it is better not to loose more then 2 lb a week but with me it seems I am loosing more then that or it is a on a stand still or even a slight gain. I always feel so tempted to give up when the scale doesn't show a loss but I better try and stick to it. Yesterday I showed a 4 lb increase even though I stayed within my calory limits the day before. Made me wonder if I ate a brick. I wonder if it is hormones. My body definitely has a mind of its own.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    The weather here has been rainy off and on for days and days. I left on a bike ride this morning after the weather man said it shouldn't rain until noon. Just as I got to the bike path it started to spit rain. Grrr. I looked it up on my phone and decided to chance it. I rode 16 miles. I like this path because it is mostly level and is only a mile from my house. It started to rain about 30 minutes after I got home.
    I have been eating really well and been getting my exercise in. Hopefully the scale will show some results. I have a dr appt on Monday for a yearly check-up and will weigh in then. Hopefully it will be good news.
    Pat

Hi everyone, I REALLY need to work on not eating through life's challenges. Life happens, right? Now, my air conditioner is broken, my sister wants me to take a road trip to visit a new doctor she found, a friend has a broken leg and may need help, I just got my mom out of the hospital, etc, etc, etc. I know I need to continue to think of healthy food and shop and prepare healthy meals. I'm glad I have you all here on this group to inspire and encourage me. I also have a friend who has lost a lot of weight and is really an inspiration to me to start and maintain a better exercise program.

We just took an overnight trip to take a tour of a tech school for my 19 yr old son. I insisted that he do a lot of the driving for the experience. He needs more highway and long distance practice and I needed a drink by the time we arrived at our destination! I don't drink often, but I needed to relax after that! I did order the healthy option on the menu and it was really good. The zucchini was so good that I am doubting if it was really allowed to be listed under "healthy". LOL

Trying to focus on health today. Hope everyone has a good day.

Hats of to pat, 16 miles biking. You made me laugh Cindy, the drink and a young person driving. I would need way too many drinks.

My hubby and DD are training for the ride across Iowa that starts next weekend. They rode 60 miles yesterday. Ugh! It is hot and humid here now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast