Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July Weight loss

Blog Entries
    I had a check up at the doctor this morning. The scale was good news. I think I am in the running for the FQ this month. At least so far. My DD wil be here for a week, but she eats pretty well. My SIL will be here the last week of the month and she claims to eat cleanly but not really. Her husband isn't coming with her this year. That is good news because I am pretty sure he is the most annoying man on earth. My mom said he couldn't be that bad, until she met him.
    I test drove a new bike this morining. WOW was it nice. It is a newish model that is supposed to be for people with bad knees. It is set up so that when the seat is at the correct height your feet reach the ground easily. I still need to shop a couple of other brands. I also need to talk my DH in to buying it. We talked about it and he didn't so no. I will work on him as soon as I figure out what I want.

Meanmom, could you please send a little of your rain this way??? We are withering here. Fortunately we have had cooler than normal weather lately, though today is getting pretty warm already. We just desperately need the water.

I am finally caught up from being gone so much, for the most part. Still have a little work to do in the garden replanting some of my crops. The suitcase is finally empty and put away. I hope it stays there for at least a couple weeks!
    I need to check back and see what the July, August and September FQ's are so I can get them in the mail. So far this month I am pretty much holding steady. I really need to get out and walk. I just can't be on my feet a whole lot or my foot starts going crazy.
    Annaquilts we drove right past there last Sunday heading home from Palomar Mountain. I have never camped there but as a teen rode my bike down there from Mission Viejo a couple of times. Come to think of it, we did camp there overnight and rode back. That was a long time ago (and many pounds less ago)
    My tomatoes from the garden are absolutely beautiful. Made about 1 1/2 gallons of salsa on Saturday from them as well as tomatillos, jalapenos and Anaheim peppers from the garden. Also made some Bruchetta. Gotta pick the green and purple beans today.
    Hope you all have a great day!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    My weight in was good at the doctors and I was doing so well. My DH brought home a pizza from my favorite place for lunch. He is killing me.
    It rained again today. A huge storm blew thru a couple of hours ago. Our power was out for a little bit and the wind blew like crazy with a little bit of hail. As I was looking out the window my brand new gas grill blew across the patio and tipped over in the yard. It is fine. The sun is shining right now but it is supposed to storm off and on all evening. I live just north of Cincinnati and the Home Run Derby is supposed to be tonight. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate. The last time the home run derby was rained out was the last time the All Star Game was in Cincinnati. There are all kinds of All Star Festivities planned.

I've been entertaining my grandson all week and eating ice cream every night. Haven't gotten around to sending my fat quarters in yet - shame on me! Will get them out by the end of the week. It's been very hot and dry here this week - quite a change from last month, when we had rain almost every day and several nights where I had to turn the heat on. Keep on truckin', everybody!

Is it Purple, Batik and Blue for the next 3 mos?

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Yes Gayle that is correct. You can have some of our rain. We had an inch yesterday afternoon and thunderstorms during the night. I was going to go for a bike ride or walk but it is threatening rain again, so I guess I will get on the elliptical. It is supposed to rain off and on all week. We are usually pretty dry here in July and August. It doesn't look like it is going to happen this year. We are no where near as dry as California.
    I have FQ from Leann and Pete for one month and 3 months from AnnaQuilts and #1Piecemaker. Thanks for the money also. Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
    Meanmom, could you please send a little of your rain this way??? We are withering here. Fortunately we have had cooler than normal weather lately, though today is getting pretty warm already. We just desperately need the water.

I am finally caught up from being gone so much, for the most part. Still have a little work to do in the garden replanting some of my crops. The suitcase is finally empty and put away. I hope it stays there for at least a couple weeks!
    I need to check back and see what the July, August and September FQ's are so I can get them in the mail. So far this month I am pretty much holding steady. I really need to get out and walk. I just can't be on my feet a whole lot or my foot starts going crazy.
    Annaquilts we drove right past there last Sunday heading home from Palomar Mountain. I have never camped there but as a teen rode my bike down there from Mission Viejo a couple of times. Come to think of it, we did camp there overnight and rode back. That was a long time ago (and many pounds less ago)
    My tomatoes from the garden are absolutely beautiful. Made about 1 1/2 gallons of salsa on Saturday from them as well as tomatillos, jalapenos and Anaheim peppers from the garden. Also made some Bruchetta. Gotta pick the green and purple beans today.
    Hope you all have a great day!
    Yes we could use some rain especially up north to fill the lakes and snow caps on the mountains. DH just told me that they expect a very wet winter, el Nino 90 percent. We are in agriculture and are already evaluating where we need to prepare for the extra drainage. We will have another week at the beach.
    Anna Quilts

Sounds like everyone is doing well and have a plan. Our friends are leaving today and I hope to get back on my diet. I have been avoiding the scale. We have just one more week of camping left with just our family. I will try to be better then the last two days. It was fun though.
    Anna Quilts

Hello Ladies,
    I am in Austin @ my son's apartment. I needed to see an IRS representative, made an appointment 2 months ago. What a waste of time! I know it wasn't just me - my son said that she wasn't listening to me. Now I have to get my son another appointment with his doctor. And my daughter & family will be here next week. My son has to move out of his apartment this month. I'm sick of always being in a medical offfice! I'm going nuts.

My weight continues to fall - yeah! Without my bionic replacements- I would be down 10-12 pounds.

Have a good evening!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Annaquilts, enjoy the last few days of camping.

Leann, hang in there. Yes, constant doctor appointments and waiting rooms is very tiresome. Once, I called the office of a doctor that was always running late to ask if she was on time, otherwise I'd arrive a few minutes late. I'm talking about having to wait an hour for each and every appointment I had with her. They said "yes, she's on time today." But when I got there instead of waiting an hour in the waiting room the quickly put me in the exam room and I WAITED THERE AN HOUR!!! What's the point in that. Like I didn't notice I was still waiting an hour because I waited in a different location??? I liked that doctor but finally found another one.

I prepared a nice salad with grilled chicken strips for dinner last night. Very filling and I felt so much better eating that than some of the other junk. Good motivation to continue making healthy choices.

Have a good day everyone.

I'm sorry, Pat. I know I joined up for this month but I just haven't been able to get to the store and get my fat quarter. So, I'll withdraw for this month and hope to be in again for next month.
    Cindy

Blog Entries
    I ate a bunch of bad things yesterday and I felt lousy. Eating much better today. I went out and test drove some bikes today. One of the local bike shops( right next to a bike path) rents the 2 I liked. I rode each 10 miles. That seemed like a good test of the bikes. I have decided what I want, now to convince my DH I need it. Almost right next store was a good shoe shop that actually fits the shoes to your feet and walk. I headed over there and got me some pretty gym shoes, purple with orange laces. They were having a 15% off sale. They rarely have sales.

Which bike did you decide on? I'm interested in a new bike. The tricycle is nice, but I still like a bicycle and mine is ready to be replaced.

Quilting one of the wedding quilts - hard on the shoulders.

You are all doing so well. You'll give me a run for the batiks if I come back in August to drop the pounds that are sliding back on. Losing the weight is only the first part of the journey. Keeping it off is the continuance.

Just thought I would join in had a loss of 5.5lb last night at Slimming World and Im only 11lb from my 9st target. I decided that while a 14hh New Forest can carry 14st he really shouldnt have to so he keeps me motivated...

Poppin in to say hello. Hard to believe that we are more than half past through July! I am so tired of the emotional tsunami that comes & goes - either ruins my appetite and I don't eat for days, or I eat nothing but junk 24/7. Maybe my recovery is a focal point to keep me from dwelling on these things that I can't change.

Stay safe with this heat! We are over 100 degrees again today.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Welcome Serianas
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

OK Thanks for the rain. LOL You can stop now with sending it. I was planning to enjoy the last couple of days on the ocean with out it. We even had some lightening so the kids had to come out of the ocean. They were in there rain or shine anyways. Yesterday my 2 nine yr olds attempted to surf and actually made it to standing up briefly. they where out there, pretty far into the surf. I am so proud of both of them. It was all under their adult big brother and sisters supervision of course. I barely make it onto a boogie board. As for the weight loss, I am not sure where I am at as I keep forgetting to weigh in before eating. Oh well back to that when I am home.

So sorry to hear about the health struggles Leann. Your focus is right and even attempting to deal with the whole weight thing at this time is a step in itself. You are doing good. )))Hugs((((
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Irish I test rode a lot of bikes. I decided I like the Giant Escape 1. It was a little bit out of my price range, more like a lot. I found it for half price ( slightly used) on ebay, inclucding shipping. I am waiting for it to ship. I just bought it yesterday. I might need to replace the seat. The one I test rode 10 miles needed a different seat. The one on ebay looks like it doesn't have the original seat on it which is good. I can't wait. Now it is almost too hot to ride. The bike path here is mostly shaded I will have to go early in the morning.
    I went to a quilt show today with 3 others from my guild. The show was disappointing but we had fun anyway. We went to the quilters hall of fame in Indiana. 2 1/2 hour drive. Someone was inducted into the quilters hall of fame and we saw some of her work and talked to her. There were a lot of gorgeous applique quilts. There was a miniature Baltime Album quilt. The quilter had to be insane, some of the grapes on it were 1/8" in diameter. I was a good girl at breakfast and had a veggie omelet. For lunch/ dinner not so good. I had a cheeseburger and fries and topped it all off with chocolate ice cream. Back on the wagon in the morning.
    Pat

Hi everyone, a quilt show sounds like a delightful distraction. The last one I went to was probably 5 years ago when we were still in Houston. It also happened to be the same year the Houston Astros went to the World Series and I thought it hysterical at the baseball fans whining that the quilters had all the hotel rooms. We know that most of those rooms were reserved a year in advance - hard to do that with a sports team.

It will be a mixed week for me. My DD is coming for a visit this weekend, tomorrow is DH's birthday, my son wants to come from Austin to see his big sis, DH wants to stay in Austin for their visit. Next week, we have to move my son out of his apartment.

I'd run away from home if I could move better.

Best wishes to finish the month strong and in control. I have been continuing what I started in the hospital - extreme portion control. For DH's bd, I'm gonna grill rib eyes (something only done on birthdays), steam asparagus, and I bought him a carrot cake. I may have a spoon-size bite.

Any one sewing? I'm thinking of making a couple of backpacks for my 3 yr old granddaughters for Christmas from a McCalls pattern, then stuffing it with 'girlie' things. Probably the only thing I will make as a gift this year.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Well vacation is officially over as there are flood warnings for the beach. We were supposed to be on the beach till Tuesday but do not want to risk it as we are right on the water.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Don't know what is wrong with the Doctors scales --- every time I went this month my scale registered 6 lbs less than theirs. Do they do that on purpose???? Anyway, I did send a Batik --- so will mail out a purple and blue to complete the 3 months.
    I do like all 3 months colors so maybe I will get lucky??
    We had our 45th anniversary on Sat. Can't believe he put up with me for so long...did pig out on food.
    LeAnn - I will never catch up to your loss. What is your secret???
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't know what is wrong with the Doctors scales --- every time I went this month my scale registered 6 lbs less than theirs. Do they do that on purpose???? Anyway, I did send a Batik --- so will mail out a purple and blue to complete the 3 months.
    I do like all 3 months colors so maybe I will get lucky??
    We had our 45th anniversary on Sat. Can't believe he put up with me for so long...did pig out on food.
    LeAnn - I will never catch up to your loss. What is your secret???

I'm not on the weight loss program everyone else here is on, but I just thought I'd post this. Don't you hate when that happens (the dr.'s scales) I was weighing myself once a month and my scale said I was losing weight. I go to the dr. and their scale says I weighed 10 pounds more than my scale even though their scale said I had lost 10 pounds I just didn't like the numbers (not so much the 10 pounds more--just the numbers). Now my scale is broken--maybe it was broken all this time. LOL. Well, I'm going to stop weighing myself. As long as my clothes get looser, I'm happy.

Red face

After decades I finally bought a good scale off of the internet. I do not care what the doctor's scale says as often I got clothes and shoes on and it is another time of the day I am being weighed then I normally would. Also I found some of their scales are not accurate. Now if your scale at home is off or doesn't work...... I must tell you having a good scale has made a big difference for me if not the difference. Having clothes fitting better is of course the best and nicest indicator. My belt buckle could not close but now I am at slot 6. DH had to add two holes on my belt.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I have FQ from the following- Leann, #1piecemaker, Pete and AnnaQuilts.
    Does anyone watch Mike and Molly? I only watch it now and then. Last night Mike was celebrating losing 50 pounds. He ate one piece of pie and gained 5 pounds and was freaking out!- yeah I can do that! Don't you just hate that.
    I just got a call from Fed Ex. My new (used) bike is coming tomorrow. I am trying to figure out what time they are delivering it as there is a signature required. I can be home all day except for a little while in the afternoon. I have an appointment at the Gyno. I can't remember what time Fed Ex usually comes around here. I tried to find out the time with my tracking number but haven't figured it out yet. Maybe it will update in the morning?

Blog Entries
    Did you know that today is National Junk food day? Trying not to participate in it:-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast