July Weight loss

Old 07-14-2015, 03:38 AM

Yes Gayle that is correct. You can have some of our rain. We had an inch yesterday afternoon and thunderstorms during the night. I was going to go for a bike ride or walk but it is threatening rain again, so I guess I will get on the elliptical. It is supposed to rain off and on all week. We are usually pretty dry here in July and August. It doesn't look like it is going to happen this year. We are no where near as dry as California.
I have FQ from Leann and Pete for one month and 3 months from AnnaQuilts and #1Piecemaker. Thanks for the money also. Good luck to everyone.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem View Post
Meanmom, could you please send a little of your rain this way??? We are withering here. Fortunately we have had cooler than normal weather lately, though today is getting pretty warm already. We just desperately need the water.

I am finally caught up from being gone so much, for the most part. Still have a little work to do in the garden replanting some of my crops. The suitcase is finally empty and put away. I hope it stays there for at least a couple weeks!
I need to check back and see what the July, August and September FQ's are so I can get them in the mail. So far this month I am pretty much holding steady. I really need to get out and walk. I just can't be on my feet a whole lot or my foot starts going crazy.
Annaquilts we drove right past there last Sunday heading home from Palomar Mountain. I have never camped there but as a teen rode my bike down there from Mission Viejo a couple of times. Come to think of it, we did camp there overnight and rode back. That was a long time ago (and many pounds less ago)
My tomatoes from the garden are absolutely beautiful. Made about 1 1/2 gallons of salsa on Saturday from them as well as tomatillos, jalapenos and Anaheim peppers from the garden. Also made some Bruchetta. Gotta pick the green and purple beans today.
Hope you all have a great day!
Yes we could use some rain especially up north to fill the lakes and snow caps on the mountains. DH just told me that they expect a very wet winter, el Nino 90 percent. We are in agriculture and are already evaluating where we need to prepare for the extra drainage. We will have another week at the beach.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like everyone is doing well and have a plan. Our friends are leaving today and I hope to get back on my diet. I have been avoiding the scale. We have just one more week of camping left with just our family. I will try to be better then the last two days. It was fun though.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:46 PM

Hello Ladies,
I am in Austin @ my son's apartment. I needed to see an IRS representative, made an appointment 2 months ago. What a waste of time! I know it wasn't just me - my son said that she wasn't listening to me. Now I have to get my son another appointment with his doctor. And my daughter & family will be here next week. My son has to move out of his apartment this month. I'm sick of always being in a medical offfice! I'm going nuts.

My weight continues to fall - yeah! Without my bionic replacements- I would be down 10-12 pounds.

Have a good evening!
Old 07-16-2015, 05:25 AM

Annaquilts, enjoy the last few days of camping.

Leann, hang in there. Yes, constant doctor appointments and waiting rooms is very tiresome. Once, I called the office of a doctor that was always running late to ask if she was on time, otherwise I'd arrive a few minutes late. I'm talking about having to wait an hour for each and every appointment I had with her. They said "yes, she's on time today." But when I got there instead of waiting an hour in the waiting room the quickly put me in the exam room and I WAITED THERE AN HOUR!!! What's the point in that. Like I didn't notice I was still waiting an hour because I waited in a different location??? I liked that doctor but finally found another one.

I prepared a nice salad with grilled chicken strips for dinner last night. Very filling and I felt so much better eating that than some of the other junk. Good motivation to continue making healthy choices.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:42 AM

I'm sorry, Pat. I know I joined up for this month but I just haven't been able to get to the store and get my fat quarter. So, I'll withdraw for this month and hope to be in again for next month.
Cindy
Old 07-16-2015, 11:25 AM

I ate a bunch of bad things yesterday and I felt lousy. Eating much better today. I went out and test drove some bikes today. One of the local bike shops( right next to a bike path) rents the 2 I liked. I rode each 10 miles. That seemed like a good test of the bikes. I have decided what I want, now to convince my DH I need it. Almost right next store was a good shoe shop that actually fits the shoes to your feet and walk. I headed over there and got me some pretty gym shoes, purple with orange laces. They were having a 15% off sale. They rarely have sales.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:10 PM

Which bike did you decide on? I'm interested in a new bike. The tricycle is nice, but I still like a bicycle and mine is ready to be replaced.

Quilting one of the wedding quilts - hard on the shoulders.

You are all doing so well. You'll give me a run for the batiks if I come back in August to drop the pounds that are sliding back on. Losing the weight is only the first part of the journey. Keeping it off is the continuance.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:31 AM

Just thought I would join in had a loss of 5.5lb last night at Slimming World and Im only 11lb from my 9st target. I decided that while a 14hh New Forest can carry 14st he really shouldnt have to so he keeps me motivated...
Old 07-18-2015, 02:58 PM

Poppin in to say hello. Hard to believe that we are more than half past through July! I am so tired of the emotional tsunami that comes & goes - either ruins my appetite and I don't eat for days, or I eat nothing but junk 24/7. Maybe my recovery is a focal point to keep me from dwelling on these things that I can't change.

Stay safe with this heat! We are over 100 degrees again today.