July Weight loss

Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Cool

I have not seen Mike and Molly. I just looked it up on the computer and will see if it is on roku. They say ever 3500 equals a pound but like you I just have to falter a little and I gain. I also feel it is not only calories but also the type of foods I eat. So even if I stay close within the calorie limit it seems I just don't loose if I eat certain foods. I meticulously measure everything.

A national junk food day? Really? I don't want to think of junk food in fear I might gain. ~smile~
Old 07-23-2015, 08:40 AM

Yes, I watch Mike and Molly. I saw that episode. I loved when he stepped on the scale the next morning and asked "how can ONE piece of pie weight 5 lbs???" I love that it's a show with 'real' people.

My mom has been pretty sick. I'm now having to provide at least one well-rounded meal for her most days. Although it's difficult to cook around dietary restrictions, at least it's making me very aware of what I'm cooking and helping me to think about making healthy choices. I have to miss my Zumba class to take her to a dr appt At least I will be able to make it to my next yoga class.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:39 PM

Oh Cindy sorry to hear about your mom. Yes it does make you think about what you are cooking when there are a lot of dietary restrictions. My SIL is coming to visit on Monday. She claims she eats really healthy but she doesn't. I am soooooo glad my BIL can't come this year. I am pretty sure he is the most annoying man in the world. I was trying to figure out how to tell her they couldn't stay here this year if he came. I'm not sure my DH could handle it. I had been trying to get my DH on an anti depressant for some time. Last year after they were here it did help to convince him he needed it. He could probably use more medication but not sure I can get him to do it. He is so much better.
My bike came yesterday. I got it for half price slightly used on Ebay. It needed a little bit of reassembly and I wasn't quite sure what order some of the pieces went on. I stopped in at the bike shop today and they showed me . They are so nice. I did need some accessories. I plan on taking it out tomorrow after my dentist appointment. I went to the gyno yesterday and for a mamogram etc today. Hopefully after tomorrow I am finished with doctors for a while. The gynocologist talked my into getting genetic testing for cancer. They drew the blood and as long as it is covered by insurance I will get it. My mom has had 2 different breast caancers and colon cancer. I also have several cousins who have had cancer. I do have a lot of cousins so statistically it isn't that high.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:58 PM

I finally got my FQ's in the mail yesterday. I am sorry they are so late.......

I have been busy doing all kinds of stuff. My weight is staying steady not losing. Sigh

I have harvested many many beautiful tomatoes from the garden. I made 4 gallons of Salsa on Wednesday. Today I picked another 16 lbs worth. Tonight the kids and spouses are coming over for BLT's. Not the healthiest but.......

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 07-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Four gallons of salsa sounds delicious! Do you have a particular recipe you like a lot? We are very late with our tomatoes. I am hoping because we are in socal I will still make something of it. I find a tablespoon of salsa is great to get all that dry meat and chicken go down. I think the BLT is not too bad as long as you do portion control. It sounds really good and should be satisfying. Have a wonderful time! We have a birthday party today for the kids and she wanted roasted chicken, potatoes and beets. Not your normal birthday meal but it sounds good to me.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:43 AM

I would like a good salsa recipe. I cant find the one i used a couple of years ago. The salsa I made last year was just OK.
We are having my moms birthday party tonight. It was the only date we could get together. We are going to my brothers lake house for her birthday. I made a white velvet cake with strawberry/raspberry sauce and a cream cheese frosting. There is 1 1/2 pounds of butter in it. Hopefully it tastes as good as it sounds. I had to modify the recipe to make it gluten free. My nephew is also making a dessert amd he makes really yummy things too. The rest of the meal should be pretty much ok to eat.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:20 PM

Hello Ladies,

My kids have gone back home and it got terribly quiet. I enjoyed the weekend, altho I was on my feet way too much and I did NO physical therapy until this afternoon. I am getting weary of constantly aching.

Pat, your cake will probably taste sinful! I am looking forward to being able to use the elliptical and ride a bike again.

Cindy, I'll keep your mom in my prayers. She is blessed to have you near.

Best wishes for everyone to finish the month on a high note.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:32 PM

I stopped getting notifications for this group. Don't know why. Glad to see everyone is still here. LOL
My hubby and DD finished their bike ride across Iowa saturday. They rode 500 miles. On the last day the heat index was 103. Hubby has been sick ever since. This morning he had a fever of 103.5. I took him to the ER. He has pneumonia. Poor guy.
Yesterday I finished quilting my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. Now I am working on the binding. I want to enter it into a quilt show in Aug. Looks like I will get it done in time.
Pat, I sent my fq's. You should get them soon.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:59 AM

I received 2 FQ from Pete. It is nearly the end of the month. How is everyone doing?
I went for a bike ride early today as the heat index here is supposed to be awful. I did accomplish my own personal goal today. I wanted to ride 20 miles with an average speed of 5 minutes/mile or less. I did it in 4.58/mile:-) I did get yelled at by a gaggle of geese after they walked right out in front of me. Everyone survived the encounter uninjured.
Pam wow 500 miles in that heat is quite an accomplishment. Hope your DH recovers quickly. My cousing was on the route and was going to sign up to let the stay with her. Not sure if she did. She said last year is was unbelievable watching everyone go past her house.
Every now and then I quite getting notifications from the baord. Last time I had to notify the administrators to get them back. I' m not sure what happens as I didn't do anything.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:14 AM

Just returned from Austin after completing my sons move-out. With his stuff all around in boxes, my home is chaotic. He moves into his new apartment in 3 weeks. I told my guys that we will be renting a truck for the upcoming move. I'm not spending 4-5 days of back & forth as we dribble his stuff to him.

Gonna take a bit of a rest then hit the fitness center for my PT. Yesterday my surgeon called me his RockStar! I wish I felt like one.