Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilted Postcards (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilted-postcards-t250059.html)

breezyquilts 07-13-2014 09:33 AM

Quilted Postcards

5 Attachment(s)
Here are five postcards I made out of the same fabric!! All are a bit different with the different threads used. I also used crayola crayons to highlight the feathers. The cards measure 4" X 6" and four have been sent in the mail and arrived safely!!! Not in envelopes!! Their destinations were: Germany, Liverpool UK, Wisconsin, Phoenix AZ.

lynnie 07-13-2014 09:37 AM

beautiful.
great way for us all to practice fmq feathers. i'd love one of those.

sandyfullmer 07-13-2014 09:42 AM

They are wonderful! Your quilting is amazing and the colors in the thread make them sing. I'd love to receive one of these in the mail!

roguequilter 07-13-2014 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by sandyfullmer (Post 6799060)
They are wonderful! Your quilting is amazing and the colors in the thread make them sing. I'd love to receive one of these in the mail!

they are beautiful, especially the second one down. the varigated thread color just "sings" ... love it! but, i have wondered every time i see someone post quilted post cards ---can you really mail them? what are the special proceedures needed to ensure they are still beautiful when they arrive at thier destination?

n2scraplvr 07-13-2014 10:09 AM

Wow! Fantastic job and a great way to practice FMQ!!! Don't think you need practice but I sure do! Anyone would love these in the mail! TFS!

Jeanne S 07-13-2014 10:16 AM

Your quilting skills are spectacular!!!!!!

serenitybygrace 07-13-2014 10:19 AM

These are beautiful. You did very nice work.

breezyquilts 07-13-2014 10:22 AM

Yes, you can mail them. Some prefer mailing them in a clear envelope, that way they don't get dirty. I mail mine without and take the risk. So far, all the postcards I have gotten have been just fine. Some of the members of the postcard group I am in call the dirt "postal art". Either way is fine. On the back you put a line down the middle and I write postcard top center. Then take it to the postoffice to mail. If there are embellishments on it, you have them handstamp which is a little more money. I got a gorgeous beaded postcard and it arrived perfectly without an envelope!!!

Originally Posted by roguequilter (Post 6799093)
they are beautiful, especially the second one down. the varigated thread color just "sings" ... love it! but, i have wondered every time i see someone post quilted post cards ---can you really mail them? what are the special proceedures needed to ensure they are still beautiful when they arrive at thier destination?

QUILTNMO 07-13-2014 10:30 AM

they are beautiful!!!

BuzzinBumble 07-13-2014 10:38 AM

Those are just so gorgeous! I love your quilting and the work you did with the crayons sure does highlight it!