Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What kind of pillows? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-kind-pillows-t250296.html)

just_the_scraps_m'am 07-17-2014 09:38 AM

What kind of pillows?

it's time to get bed pillows again! the ones i touch/feel in the stores are scrunchy & make noise. [i'm used to down & boy, they don't make them like they used to! has anyone found any really great pillows that they can't live without? thanks in advance!

sweet 07-17-2014 10:39 AM

I've found down pillows at Bed Bath & Beyond.

selm 07-17-2014 10:57 AM

have you considered taking your old down pillows and have them rejuvenated at a cleaners? They clean the fill, add more if you want(for additional price) and put it all in a new ticking. I had it done a number of years ago and I'm about to have it done again. They come out pretty good. It doesn't cost too much (about $14 for a king-size pillow without any new down).

just_the_scraps_m'am 07-17-2014 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by selm (Post 6805374)
have you considered taking your old down pillows and have them rejuvenated at a cleaners? They clean the fill, add more if you want(for additional price) and put it all in a new ticking. I had it done a number of years ago and I'm about to have it done again. They come out pretty good. It doesn't cost too much (about $14 for a king-size pillow without any new down).

that sounds interesting, didn't know you could get them done at a dry cleaners! I will have to look into that!

lynnie 07-17-2014 02:38 PM

I have a memory foam that has a bump on one side for side sleeping and the other for back sleeping.
i have extensive neck problems and this pillow helps a bit.

misspriss 07-17-2014 03:44 PM

Lynne, I have a side sleeper pillow too. I got mine at Kohl's, with the 30 percent of course....I really like mine.

NJ Quilter 07-17-2014 04:17 PM

I hate pillow shopping. All I can offer is good luck. I haven't found anything worth buying in forever...even the ones most recent purchased.

mrs. fitz 07-18-2014 06:28 AM

My DH and I recently stayed with his daughter in Georgia. We got to use the master bedroom with a king size bed and the best pillows I've ever slept on. She said they were Calvin Klein; I thought $$$$. She then took me to new-to-me Tuesday Morning shop and I bought the same pillows, $12.99 each. I think the difference might be these pillows have a gusset and I find my head rests -- don't know how to explain -- differently. We've both been sleeping really well since we started using them. For me, best pillows ever.

madamekelly 07-18-2014 07:34 AM

When I bought my Tempurpedic mattress, I also bought the Tempurpedic pillows, DH loves his, but I replaced mine very quickly with a memory foam with the two different size rolls on either side. I am a side, back, and face sleeper. I sleep like a baby.

tessagin 07-18-2014 07:39 AM

Iuse these to elevate my legs. Have neverbeen able toget used to them

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6805614)
I have a memory foam that has a bump on one side for side sleeping and the other for back sleeping.
i have extensive neck problems and this pillow helps a bit.