Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What kind of pillows?

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What kind of pillows?

it's time to get bed pillows again! the ones i touch/feel in the stores are scrunchy & make noise. [i'm used to down & boy, they don't make them like they used to! has anyone found any really great pillows that they can't live without? thanks in advance!
    "variety is the spice of life"

I've found down pillows at Bed Bath & Beyond.

have you considered taking your old down pillows and have them rejuvenated at a cleaners? They clean the fill, add more if you want(for additional price) and put it all in a new ticking. I had it done a number of years ago and I'm about to have it done again. They come out pretty good. It doesn't cost too much (about $14 for a king-size pillow without any new down).
    Sally

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by selm View Post
    have you considered taking your old down pillows and have them rejuvenated at a cleaners? They clean the fill, add more if you want(for additional price) and put it all in a new ticking. I had it done a number of years ago and I'm about to have it done again. They come out pretty good. It doesn't cost too much (about $14 for a king-size pillow without any new down).
    that sounds interesting, didn't know you could get them done at a dry cleaners! I will have to look into that!
    "variety is the spice of life"

Blog Entries
    I have a memory foam that has a bump on one side for side sleeping and the other for back sleeping.
    i have extensive neck problems and this pillow helps a bit.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Lynne, I have a side sleeper pillow too. I got mine at Kohl's, with the 30 percent of course....I really like mine.

I hate pillow shopping. All I can offer is good luck. I haven't found anything worth buying in forever...even the ones most recent purchased.

My DH and I recently stayed with his daughter in Georgia. We got to use the master bedroom with a king size bed and the best pillows I've ever slept on. She said they were Calvin Klein; I thought $$$$. She then took me to new-to-me Tuesday Morning shop and I bought the same pillows, $12.99 each. I think the difference might be these pillows have a gusset and I find my head rests -- don't know how to explain -- differently. We've both been sleeping really well since we started using them. For me, best pillows ever.

Blog Entries
    When I bought my Tempurpedic mattress, I also bought the Tempurpedic pillows, DH loves his, but I replaced mine very quickly with a memory foam with the two different size rolls on either side. I am a side, back, and face sleeper. I sleep like a baby.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Iuse these to elevate my legs. Have neverbeen able toget used to them
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    I have a memory foam that has a bump on one side for side sleeping and the other for back sleeping.

I bought wool filled pillows a few years ago. Love them.

I bought "as seen on TV" the "My Pillow". I bought one and liked it so much I ordered a second one. I think I've had just about every kind of pillow there is but these are my favorite. I've had them for about 3 years now.
    http://www.mypillow.com/
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
    I bought "as seen on TV" the "My Pillow". I bought one and liked it so much I ordered a second one. I think I've had just about every kind of pillow there is but these are my favorite. I've had them for about 3 years now.
    http://www.mypillow.com/
    I was at a Home Show and bought "My Pillow" also. Love, Love, Love it also for neck problems I have gone to a few chiropractors over the years. They all helped me but the adjustments did not hold for long. Then last fall I attended a health clinic where I learned about Upper Cervical Care. WOW they center on the C1 and C1 vertbrae I began this in November 2013. Since then I have had only 4 adjustments. I feel sooooo much better. I highly recommend going to one if you have neck problems. I also learned how it all began. in 1991 with the pulling of some teeth. so take care of your teeth and please go to a good dentist.

My sister works for a mattress retailer and she gave DH & I these really nice pillows for Christmas. I don't know the brand, but they are a core of down & feathers, with an envelope of memory foam over that. They're really heavy and feel very firm to the hand, but my head sinks in very comfortably. It's perfect for sleeping on my back. I keep a second pillow for side-sleeping; it's an older down pillow that is about half-empty now, but it wads up just the way I want it to, to tuck between my neck/head/shoulder. I'm not supposed to sleep on my side anymore (back problems) but sometimes I lay on my side awhile to get drowsy before switching to my back. It's not perfect but it works.

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    For several years now, I have used Sweet Spot Pillows and absolutely love them! Am on my third set. www.sweetspotpillow.com for more information.
    BJ the Oregon Sunshine Quilter

Blog Entries
    I have a water filled pillow. My daughter gave it to me several years ago for Christmas. The best pillow I have ever used.

After buying hundreds of pillows over the years, I finally broke down and bought QS Temperpedic pillows. Spendy, but the sure are fantastic! I don't think I'll ever have to buy more pillows after this!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    I have one of those and it goes wherever I go! Best pillow ever for me.

Blog Entries
    I've seen the down ones at JC Penny
    Judy