Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Terial Magic Magic Spray has been recommended to me instead of Best Press (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/terial-magic-magic-spray-has-been-recommended-me-instead-best-press-t254505.html)

debbiemarie 09-28-2014 08:45 PM

Terial Magic Magic Spray has been recommended to me instead of Best Press

It can be sprayed on/dried/ and ironed to really get the fabric stiffer. (Doesn't have to dry though) Does anyone know where I can order it? Also I am looking for Aqua Mesh film stabilizer, don't see in on Amazon...

luvstoquilt301 09-28-2014 08:59 PM

I just saw this demoed in a quilt shop. Google it and there are lots of places to buy it. It really made the fabric stiff. They said it does have to dry to damp dry and then iron it. It is not to be used like starch---more like a stabilizer according to the lady showing the product.

SandyG 09-28-2014 11:41 PM

Found it on Amazon. $14.95 prime.

Sandygirl 09-29-2014 02:00 AM

Once you stiffen the fabric you can run the fabric through the laser cutters.

Sandy

Weezy Rider 09-29-2014 04:14 AM

Sounds like the old "Perfect Sew" for machines with fancy stitches. We used to use adding machine tape to stabilize for fancy stitching, starch wasn't enough. Some ladies from OZ (I think) came up with Perfect Sew - you brushed it onto the fabric and ironed it dry. Worked great. Pfaff dealer stopped carrying it years ago.

You can make something similar by dissolving blue solvy (or any water soluble stabilizer) topping into water. A spray bottle would be very handy.
I'll have to try some when I can find it. I don't think too much of Best Press. Have had a bottle sitting around for 3 years and don't use it. I have used Perfect Sew and liked it very much for stabilizing fabric.

I see they are still making it. It's good for when you just want a row of fancy stitches. You don't need an embroidery machine to hoop the fabric.

alleyoop1 09-29-2014 05:45 AM

I recently used Terial Magic on my bindings and they fed through my binding attachment perfectly. I was making placemats. I soaked the binding and once it was dry I ironed it flat. Great stuff. I originally bought it to stiffen fabric for machine embroidery but haven't tried it for that yet.

BLAP 09-29-2014 07:47 AM

I have used it to make folded flowers and on shirts to embroider on and it was terrific. Fabric gets VERY stiff. I found Best Press to be far softer.

Kitsie 01-01-2015 09:14 AM

But that's for 24oz. so it is pricey but probably very handy for some things.

Originally Posted by SandyG (Post 6907948)
Found it on Amazon. $14.95 prime.

juneayerza 01-01-2015 09:20 PM

Perfect sew can be found on Amazon

gale 01-03-2015 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6907981)
Once you stiffen the fabric you can run the fabric through the laser cutters.

Sandy

Do you know if it can be used with regular cutters (like the silhouette, cricut, etc)? I hate that I have to use stabilizer to cut fabric with my silhouette.