Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Anyone want to quilt with me today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/anyone-want-quilt-me-today-t259021.html)

Raggiemom 01-01-2015 04:50 AM

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

To start the year off in a positive fashion, I've decided to work on UFOs today. Is anyone else quilting? What are you working on?

sewmany 01-01-2015 04:52 AM

Yes.... I am heading to my quilt room as soon as the coffee is done drewing.

psychonurse 01-01-2015 04:59 AM

I am going to set up my serger for a 3 thread rolled edge. I hate having to change needles in it.
I started this week with putting magazines in old 3 ring binders, the mags have been sitting in stacks on the floor. I went to the thrift store Monday, bought 2 large binders, bleached them yesterday, so hope to get more off the floor and into a book case.
oh yeah I just got my tri flo grease and lubricant, I need to clean my older serger and make it hum better.
Ok another thing I hope to work, on, is putting fabric away, I bought the comic book boards several months ago and haven't completed that project, but I have worked on it a little at a time.

yesterday I machine embroidered on burlap for the first time, but I need to read my SM manual and figured out how to join phrases, without having to re hoop all the time.
and I need to take a nap later in order to be awake to watch the Sugar Bowl. RTR

KwiltyKahy 01-01-2015 05:04 AM

My sewing room is such a mess I can hardly function. I have been trying this week to get a handle on it so I can sew. I don't want to clean, I want to sew. Unfortunately, when I go in there to work on something, I get so frustrated looking for something I go back to the computer. I guess I need to put on my big girl pantes and CLEAN IT UP. Wish me luck.

daisydawg 01-01-2015 05:13 AM

Going to work on some UFO'S, I have way too many.

gramajo 01-01-2015 05:24 AM

I'll be getting the borders on a lap quilt for a friend who is moving. Then I'd like to get it layered and start quilting it.

Jeanne S 01-01-2015 05:33 AM

I have a couple of tops done that need sandwiching. But first I have so many nice sized scraps of batting that need to be joined together to use them, so that is the task I have assigned myself today!

janRN 01-01-2015 05:36 AM

I think I'll take today off. For the past week I've been working on a Medallion quilt. Have all the segments cut, blocked out, spaced, ready to sew. Did a final trial layout yesterday and I'm off by 1/2" in the center! Grrr. Maybe if I let it sit today that extra 1/2" will magically disappear and I can finish it tomorrow! Enjoy your day, ladies.

MissM 01-01-2015 05:38 AM

I'm in, it's only 18 degrees here so no way that I am going any where today, so that makes it a quilting day. :)
I am working on a UFO that was one of the very first quilt tops I made. About time right?

franc36 01-01-2015 05:45 AM

I'm making Jenny Doan's Disappearing Hourglass #2 blocks. My goal is to finish at least 12 blocks today. Fortunately, the Sugar Bowl is tonight so that will not interfere my sewing today. Happy New year everyone!