Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what are you all working on in this new year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-you-all-working-new-year-t259103.html)

lildinks2013 01-02-2015 08:42 PM

what are you all working on in this new year?

I decided before I take the deep plunge again and get back into doing a big size quilt, I would make my daughter who lives in Holland, a table topper in her colors. Once this is completed, then I will plan out a quilt for her and her Dutch hubby, in their colors they told me long time ago.

sewellie 01-02-2015 08:46 PM

I'm working on just making sense of my sewing room. Baby Willa was "hepping" (helping) me today. OMGosh, what a hepper!!! hhha

wesing 01-02-2015 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 7031536)
I'm working on just making sense of my sewing room. Baby Willa was "hepping" (helping) me today. OMGosh, what a hepper!!! hhha

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 7031536)

HA! I totally get that. We have a two-year-old who either wants to hep or be held. We have a whole list of things to work on. Two wedding quilts, bed quilts for two nieces, one nephew, and one brother/SIL, memory quilts for my brother, sister, and dad, matching quilts for our daughter and her birth mother, two baby quilts, and also a few things for us. 2015 looks to be a busy year. I hope we can peel ourselves away from Emmaline long enough to get a few things done. I guess if we don't, then it wasn't meant to be. As much as we love quilting, Emmaline gets all of our time she wants. Happy New Year everyone.

Darren

Mariposa 01-02-2015 09:23 PM

I'll be working on new quilts for the 5 DGK's...and a Cal. King quilt for us. Also pondering that pesky list of UFO's~~

joyce888 01-03-2015 05:16 AM

Eight lap quilts for my children and their spouses. Wall hangings and Christmas themed quilts.

ArlaJo 01-03-2015 05:25 AM

I need to clean the sewing room from Christmas and find places for $200.00 worth of new fabric. I visited my sister and she works in a fabric store. Need I say more? Then a baby quilt by March 1 and 2 quilts for nieces and in all of that I will be working on my first t-shirt quilt. And i have a queen at the long arm so I have that to finish. Looks like a busy year.

Quiltngolfer 01-03-2015 05:25 AM

Finished a Christmas quilt yesterday. Next have to sew borders on a queen size for DGS. After that I will dig into 6 BOMs that I have left in varying stages of completion. That will take a while.

dd 01-03-2015 05:48 AM

Looks like I'm doing a wedding. kilts and brides gown.

sewmom 01-03-2015 05:55 AM

My DH told me he would buy me a large bookcase w/doors from IKEA for my sewing room. So I am saying (again) that I'm going to get this room organized. So I am first trying to get the non quilting fabric used up or given away so it can quit taking up so much space. And as I'm working on that, I will try to work on my UFOs. I've tried this before and always get sidetracked by making new quilts or other stuff. I just can't throw stuff away if it's good. I'm getting better at donating stuff.

daisydawg 01-03-2015 05:58 AM

UFO'S, I have a lot so hopefully I can clear them out this year.