Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what are you all working on in this new year?

Blog Entries

what are you all working on in this new year?

I decided before I take the deep plunge again and get back into doing a big size quilt, I would make my daughter who lives in Holland, a table topper in her colors. Once this is completed, then I will plan out a quilt for her and her Dutch hubby, in their colors they told me long time ago.

Blog Entries
    I'm working on just making sense of my sewing room. Baby Willa was "hepping" (helping) me today. OMGosh, what a hepper!!! hhha
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
    I'm working on just making sense of my sewing room. Baby Willa was "hepping" (helping) me today. OMGosh, what a hepper!!! hhha
    Quote Originally Posted by sewellie View Post
    HA! I totally get that. We have a two-year-old who either wants to hep or be held. We have a whole list of things to work on. Two wedding quilts, bed quilts for two nieces, one nephew, and one brother/SIL, memory quilts for my brother, sister, and dad, matching quilts for our daughter and her birth mother, two baby quilts, and also a few things for us. 2015 looks to be a busy year. I hope we can peel ourselves away from Emmaline long enough to get a few things done. I guess if we don't, then it wasn't meant to be. As much as we love quilting, Emmaline gets all of our time she wants. Happy New Year everyone.

Darren

I'll be working on new quilts for the 5 DGK's...and a Cal. King quilt for us. Also pondering that pesky list of UFO's~~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Eight lap quilts for my children and their spouses. Wall hangings and Christmas themed quilts.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I need to clean the sewing room from Christmas and find places for $200.00 worth of new fabric. I visited my sister and she works in a fabric store. Need I say more? Then a baby quilt by March 1 and 2 quilts for nieces and in all of that I will be working on my first t-shirt quilt. And i have a queen at the long arm so I have that to finish. Looks like a busy year.

Finished a Christmas quilt yesterday. Next have to sew borders on a queen size for DGS. After that I will dig into 6 BOMs that I have left in varying stages of completion. That will take a while.

dd
    Looks like I'm doing a wedding. kilts and brides gown.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

My DH told me he would buy me a large bookcase w/doors from IKEA for my sewing room. So I am saying (again) that I'm going to get this room organized. So I am first trying to get the non quilting fabric used up or given away so it can quit taking up so much space. And as I'm working on that, I will try to work on my UFOs. I've tried this before and always get sidetracked by making new quilts or other stuff. I just can't throw stuff away if it's good. I'm getting better at donating stuff.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

UFO'S, I have a lot so hopefully I can clear them out this year.

Still plugging away on my sewing space. I found two UFOs that I've finally found the solution for so I'm excited to get going on those. I also received a snownan topper pattern that I'd like to start.

My goal this year is UFO's and scrap quilts. I tried this last year also. Not very successful. But, I did get a couple of each done. Let's see if I can do better this year.

I only have two things on the schedule, finish my current quilt I am working on. I am I going to try a Missouri Star Quilting video I saw on You Tube the other day made from a layered cake.

I cleaned out my closet and organized all of my fabric. Will start on UFO's as I put them all in a bin and took things that I can't work on now out in the backyard shed. Got so organized that I can't find what I need right now!!!! Have to start on 2 quilts for DGD and DGS since they gave me the colors they like. My new year's resolution is to finish alot of "already started" quilts. Good Luck to everyone on their endeavors for the new year.

I'm trying to finish my last 5 blocks of Jenny Doan's Disappearing Hourglass #2. I signed up for the 2015 Craftsy BOM and made the templates for the January block this morning. I am also making one string block a day, trying to use up left over binding fabric. Next week, I want to start making quilts that I will use as Christmas gifts in 2015. I'm excited about a new year of quilting!

I finally decided that I would try a mystery quilt. When I looked at the supply list I changed my mind. How can it possibly take 13 yards of fabric for a twin size quilt? Three fabrics and that's just the top. Sounds like a lot to me. So, I'm going to work on some UFOs and just do some putzing. The main thing is to just get started.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    UFO's--three to finish the blocks, add two more for basting (5 total), add one more for quilting (6 total) and bind all six. Then I'm going to start an Amazon star. If I can stay on track, the only fabric I will need to buy this year are the batiks for the Amazon star, two backings, and some binding.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

UFO's!!!! We have landed in Arizona for a couple of month and that UFOs are all I brought with me. That way I'm not tempted.

I have three lap sized pinned and each one partially quilted (by hand). I am hoping to get past them and onto something else in the next couple of months.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Hello, I'm Barbara and new here.

I just started Tula Pink's Marquise quilt top. Since it's hexagons and a hand sewing project it will keep me busy for probably the first eight months of this year.

Hi Barbara welcome
    I am going to bind my back log of Queen quilts and make 2couch quilts for my mil and fil. I also need to finish my youngest daughters quilt. . New years day my best friends daughter got engaged. . So I will be starting her king size quilt too. all of that and the many ufos I promised myself I would get finished and gifted to their respective owners. . But first I have to get my sewing room clean and reorganized. .
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    I have so many UFO's and 'beginnings' that I should be busy for a while!......But Hubby gave me the Go Big cutter for Christmas and I couldn't wait to try the flying geese die to make a chevron baby quilt! (I was supposed to make one for GGS anyway...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!LOL)

I am working on a table runner now and I have a Barbados Bag by Pink Sand Beach Designs cut out and ready to make next. I also have a quilt top that needs to be quilted and bound. I have a long list for this year already.

I have al lot of things like pleacemats and table runners and wall hangings and table cloths cut out and some are together ready to quilt. They are in the sewing room in a plastic bin. I am working on table runners at this time. I cleaned up the sewing cabinets and reorganized. It looks good now and I hope I can keep it that way. I sure make a big mess in a hurry.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    Four placemats with Mickey and Minnie are done and today I made a tissue box cover. Both are gifts for friends' birthdays in 2015. So I'm ahead.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast