Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what are you all working on in this new year? >

what are you all working on in this new year?

what are you all working on in this new year?

Old 01-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Hi Barbara welcome
I am going to bind my back log of Queen quilts and make 2couch quilts for my mil and fil. I also need to finish my youngest daughters quilt. . New years day my best friends daughter got engaged. . So I will be starting her king size quilt too. all of that and the many ufos I promised myself I would get finished and gifted to their respective owners. . But first I have to get my sewing room clean and reorganized. .
Old 01-04-2015, 02:07 PM

I have so many UFO's and 'beginnings' that I should be busy for a while!......But Hubby gave me the Go Big cutter for Christmas and I couldn't wait to try the flying geese die to make a chevron baby quilt! (I was supposed to make one for GGS anyway...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!LOL)
Old 01-04-2015, 04:13 PM

I am working on a table runner now and I have a Barbados Bag by Pink Sand Beach Designs cut out and ready to make next. I also have a quilt top that needs to be quilted and bound. I have a long list for this year already.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM

I have al lot of things like pleacemats and table runners and wall hangings and table cloths cut out and some are together ready to quilt. They are in the sewing room in a plastic bin. I am working on table runners at this time. I cleaned up the sewing cabinets and reorganized. It looks good now and I hope I can keep it that way. I sure make a big mess in a hurry.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:28 PM

Four placemats with Mickey and Minnie are done and today I made a tissue box cover. Both are gifts for friends' birthdays in 2015. So I'm ahead.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:39 PM

I am just finishing up about half of the blocks needed for a quilt for my nephew. Yes, a MAN quilt. I was very careful to pick out masculine colors and prints. I did the harder blocks first; that's what I usually do. I have a Wedding Quilt to make for an October wedding for my Niece. This is the year that I'm finally going to tackle FMQ, and see if I can at least do the smaller quilts on my own machine. I've been putting it off, hoping to trade in my old Janome (what a workhorse! Love it!) for a Janome with a bigger harp for FMQ. Actually getting the machine may have to wait until 2016, but at least I can still practice on what I have. I just wouldn't want to do anything larger than a double, I think.
Oh, and of course there are UFO's needing attention . . .
Old 01-05-2015, 06:14 AM

I got busy creating more UFOs. What could be more fun than that?

~ Cindy
Old 01-05-2015, 07:15 AM

I have two enormous sacks of glorious tartan wool that I want to make use of. So far I've used about half of a small carrier bag full which has resulted in a medium sized table topper, 5 cushions, 3 small table toppers and one small runner. It's given me the opportunity to practice attaching the wool strips to the batting and backing as I've gone along. A bit like paper-piecing without the paper. Still got a sack and three quarters to get through. Ha ha I think I might be sick of the sight of it by the time I get finished. I'm off to Australia in February for my grandson's first birthday - my flight being a wonderful gift from two of my children - and have plans to make some things to take with me as well as a Scottish themed quilt asked for by my sister who also lives in Perth. Busy days, but happy days!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by lildinks2013 View Post
I decided before I take the deep plunge again and get back into doing a big size quilt, I would make my daughter who lives in Holland, a table topper in her colors. Once this is completed, then I will plan out a quilt for her and her Dutch hubby, in their colors they told me long time ago.
I'm having a little trouble getting started so far, but I have done a little sewing, like making the little baby powder filled bags for our bowling. oh, and a little cat mouse toy.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:17 AM

My New Year's resolution is to finish up my UFO's. I bought new storage drawer units and organized a lot of stuff in my sewing room. I put all my UFO's in one place and they took up two of the drawers. Up to that point, they were scattered all over who knows where. (Out of sight - out of mind, right??) Then, I wrote a list which helps me focus and makes it 'real'. I've had two weeks off work and I've crossed three of my UFO's off my list!!! I'm very proud and am working on my fourth one.

It feels good to finish these projects. I've also joined in on the UFO thread on this site which helps keep me motivated.

Happy New Year to all - - - -

Jane