Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2015--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2015-50-fabulous-paper-pieced-stars-bow-t259314.html)

carriem 01-07-2015 07:35 AM

2015--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

There are some of us who didn't finish our blocks last year, so I have asked to start a new thread for 2015. Our goal is to complete one block a week, but whatever you can do is great! Please post as you finish a block, small project with your blocks and/or your quilts.

For those who are just starting their blocks, we will be using Carol Doak’s book “50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars”. I suggest starting with Alabama and working through the blocks alphabetically.

If you have this book, please join us. If you’ve already started, but got side-tracked, please jump in where you are and share your blocks.

This is a place to ask questions, share tips to make the blocks easier, and share pictures of your completed blocks and quilts. There will be no patterns or tutorials given and there is no sign-up required. Participants must purchase their own copy of the book. Participants are not permitted to share copies of the book's contents.

Do as few or as many as you like.

Daisy Dew 01-08-2015 05:45 AM

Looks like fun - well I'm off to LQS!!

kydeb 01-08-2015 06:30 AM

I have that book! Maybe I need to pull it out and consider doing this. I have so many books that I've never used. I need to be better about it. I love star blocks!!

MaggieLou 01-08-2015 06:41 AM

Maybe I can get them all finished this time.

ljptexas 01-08-2015 06:48 AM

I have this book & have made Tennessee & Arkansas out of it (states where my DGKs were born) to go into graduation quilts, with 5 more to do (Tennessee in 2016, Arkansas in 2017, then 3 of Texas). That's really the reason I bought the book. I kinda followed last year but just couldn't participate. I'm ready to give it a try this year!!!! Don't know if I could do 1 a week but will try...
Love to see others work!!!

ljptexas 01-08-2015 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 7038669)
I have this book & have made Tennessee & Arkansas out of it (states where my DGKs were born) to go into graduation quilts, with 5 more to do (Tennessee in 2016, Arkansas in 2017, then 3 of Texas). That's really the reason I bought the book. I kinda followed last year but just couldn't participate. I'm ready to give it a try this year!!!! Don't know if I could do 1 a week but will try...
Love to see others work!!!

PS - I love, love, love to PP!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 01-08-2015 08:08 AM

Another chance at doing the stars! Hopefully, I can do one a week! Thanks, Carrie, for starting a new thread this year.

meanmom 01-08-2015 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't wait to see everyones stars. I did this a couple of years ago. I love to paper piece.Good luck to everyone. It is so worth it to finish it. It make a gorgeous quilt.

klgreene 01-08-2015 02:44 PM

mean mom...beautiful. I made mine into three lap tops, one for myself, my daughter and daughter in law. But they have been sitting my my closet because I'm not sure how it should be quilted. They are beautiful and I loved doing them, so any quilting ideas would be helpful.

grandme26 01-08-2015 05:37 PM

As soon as I can find the book will get started.