Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Work in Progress.....feels good to finally get started! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/work-progress-feels-good-finally-get-started-t281741.html)

redstilettos 08-29-2016 03:55 AM

Work in Progress.....feels good to finally get started!

3 Attachment(s)
I had my stash stuffed in boxes, drawers, and bags.

This is what I started with and how it is looking so far. Anything 1 yard or more I put in foam boards (found that advice here. Cheap and easy!) And anything less than a yard I folded. That still needs a little work and some decent storage ideas, but overall, I am getting there.

Anything that had odd shapes or whatnot was cut on my Accuquilt into 2" squares, half triangles, or tumblers. Crumbs went into a gallon size bag to give away.

Whew....took a bit of time, but so so worth it!

Joset 08-29-2016 04:30 AM

looks great

Misty's Mom 08-29-2016 04:34 AM

Wanna come to my house and play? I've got lots of scraps:)

ManiacQuilter2 08-29-2016 04:47 AM

I agree, want to come to my house too?? Just make sure there is no direct or indirect sunlight hitting your fabric on the boards. You might want to make a drape over protecting from any type of sunlight. I had some of my favorite repros from the 90s take a hit on the fold.

laughingquilter 08-29-2016 07:31 AM

You'll feel just amazing when you've got it done and you're able to look and SEE all your beautiful fabrics. Those totes, bins and bags just don't do those fabrics justice as far as displaying them! But, do make sure they're protected from fading. You don't want them to be unusable when you get to them.

Diannia 08-29-2016 08:00 AM

Very nicely done! I store my "under 1 yard" fabric in lawyer's cabinets. I have filled 3 of them so far.

NoraB 08-29-2016 08:07 AM

I am so proud of you. It is such a wonderful feeling to have that all organized! For me, it was also a wonderful feeling refolding my fabric and going down memory lane a bit. I inherited my Mom's fabric stash too and it was bittersweet to fold fabrics from her quilts and remembering those she sent them too, etc. Kind of funny, there was a piece of fabric (pink and blue flowers) that I think both her and I have used in so many baby quilts.........there's still a fair amount of that fabric left! It makes me laugh to see it....Now those babies we made them for are having babies of their own....that fabric will go down in history! ha! Good job on your organization!

redstilettos 08-29-2016 08:17 AM

Thanks! I just hope I can continue to keep it that way. LOL

Originally Posted by NoraB (Post 7639693)
Kind of funny, there was a piece of fabric (pink and blue flowers) that I think both her and I have used in so many baby quilts.........there's still a fair amount of that fabric left! It makes me laugh to see it....Now those babies we made them for are having babies of their own....that fabric will go down in history! ha! Good job on your organization!

I'm working on a scrappy quilt right now (none of the materials being used are in the pic....all 38 colors of it!). And some of that material has been used in oodles of things from curtains to Halloween costumes, to quilts. Nice run down memory lane!

rryder 08-29-2016 12:02 PM

Good job!

Rob

Tartan 08-29-2016 04:55 PM

​Well done!