Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   New organizing goals for 1st week of October (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/new-organizing-goals-1st-week-october-t282604.html)

rryder 09-30-2016 02:36 AM

New organizing goals for 1st week of October

Here are mine:

take the collaborative pieces that have been cluttering up my sewing area to the artist who I am collaborating with so he can do his thing with them.

more to come later

Rob

tessagin 09-30-2016 07:11 AM

I started making a list, not a big one but it's also like a chart. Anything that has nothing to do with sewing does not go into that room. I have 3 designated rooms, office, bathroom (linen closet) and sewing room. I got 3 baskets and it's making a large dent. I feel as though I can breathe.

tucsonquilter 09-30-2016 07:24 AM

That's a great idea about a list. My goal today is to make A LIST of all the projects I need to complete. Like a t-shirt quilt for a grandson, a table topper, and the list goes on and on. LOL But today I am not going to keep it in my head anymore I am going to put it on paper and mark it off as I progress. When I keep thinking about them in my mind I feel overwhelmed and not joyful.

retiredteacher09 09-30-2016 04:24 PM

I want to separate my 2.5" squares and strips into boy, girl, or either drawers. I sorted 1"-2" already although I am sure more will pop up for sorting as I go through boxes, etc.

Connie

Jingle 09-30-2016 04:41 PM

Not me, I am going to put away items from last quilt. So I can start cutting pieces for 2 Biscuit quilts. Room will be straight and good after that.

lots2do 09-30-2016 07:25 PM

Thanks, Rob, for starting the new thread. I've been busy finishing the binding on a baby quilt. I'm so close to the finishing line that I've been consumed with getting it done. A bunch of us went on a shop hop yesterday, too. That was a lot of fun.

The countdown has started for our seasonal move to warmer weather. I have to pack up the sewing machine that's staying at a family member's house for the winter. I'll be starting to sort patterns and projects to go with me. And also we'll be busy sorting, organizing and packing. We've had some cold days so we are starting to look forward to our trip.
Good luck, everyone, with your weekly goals!

cannyquilter 10-01-2016 01:59 AM

This week clear surfaces. Ongoing, starch and iron scraps ready for cutting. Have 12 baskets to do. Have starched , ironed and cut one basket and starched and ironed another. Once my surfaces are clear will be able to set up my cutting mat so that I'll be able to cut scraps when I have small pockets of time. Well that's the plan.

AUQuilter 10-01-2016 04:41 AM

On today's list, two small projects- pillowcase for DGD 2nd bday and a little something for me. I had been sewing larger quilts and decided to scale back until Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt posting then pedal to the medal.

lovelyl 10-01-2016 04:42 AM

I just returned from a 4 day quilting retreat, so my goal is to unpack and get all the sewing items back into their proper place. I also have a quilt I didn't quite get finished at the retreat, so I want to finish piecing it.
But my main goal is to start cleaning out the mother in law apt. that is part of our upstairs. Since it has not been used for the past 5 years, it has become our "basement" where there are old clothes, books, and misc. items stored in boxes. I want to go through the boxes and rehome most (or all) of it so I can use the large room as my sewing space! Right now I am sewing in our bedroom, but need more space. The room I am claiming is about 20 X 25 feet and I dare anyone to put their junk in there after I clean it out!

tessagin 10-01-2016 05:11 AM

This would be an exciting thing for me. I would dare anyone to try and stop me. Congratulations on the room.!!

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 7665796)
I just returned from a 4 day quilting retreat, so my goal is to unpack and get all the sewing items back into their proper place. I also have a quilt I didn't quite get finished at the retreat, so I want to finish piecing it.
But my main goal is to start cleaning out the mother in law apt. that is part of our upstairs. Since it has not been used for the past 5 years, it has become our "basement" where there are old clothes, books, and misc. items stored in boxes. I want to go through the boxes and rehome most (or all) of it so I can use the large room as my sewing space! Right now I am sewing in our bedroom, but need more space. The room I am claiming is about 20 X 25 feet and I dare anyone to put their junk in there after I clean it out!