Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Great new candle product! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/great-new-candle-product-t28464.html)

TX_Cutie 11-09-2009 02:53 PM

I love to melt tarts in my house - I find that they smell better and fill up the house with scent much more quickly than ordinary candles.

I'm always searching for strong tarts that don't cost a fortune (Yankee candles are great but $2-3 per tart is too much for me). My local Hobby Lobby is now carrying a product called ScentSationals. There is an electric warming unit that melts the tart. The tart refills come in packs of 6 for $3.99. Most important, the smell is FANTASTIC! Super strong and they melt within 20 minutes. I've tried Cranberry Spice and Crackling Birch.

I'm amazed at how such a small tart can put out such a strong scent. I will definitely be trying the other scents.

MadQuilter 11-09-2009 03:31 PM

California tarts walk the streets and don't smell all that great (or so I assume).

My mother has burnt some tarts and that didn't smell too good either.

I guess what I'm asking: What the heck is the tart you mention???????

TX_Cutie 11-09-2009 03:44 PM

:lol: Candle tarts are small pieces of wax (about the size of a normal Reese's Peanut Butter Cup) that you melt to release the scent. You can buy special warmers/burners to use the tarts in.

Here is a link to a site that sells nothing but warmers and burners. Warmers are tart holders that are electric. You place the tart in a glass bowl and put in on a warming plate. As it warms the tart, the wax melts and releases the scent. Burners work the same way except that the tart is put in a glass or porcelain holder above a tea light. As the tea light candle burns, the tart above it melts and releases scent.

http://www.scentedbaskets.com/

MadQuilter 11-09-2009 03:50 PM

thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

littlehud 11-09-2009 03:55 PM

My daughter uses those and they are great.

Mousie 11-09-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
California tarts walk the streets and don't smell all that great (or so I assume).

My mother has burnt some tarts and that didn't smell too good either.

I guess what I'm asking: What the heck is the tart you mention???????

LOL, Mad! Did you think it was a typo? *art?...rahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mousie 11-09-2009 07:16 PM

ok, learn something new every day! I was thinking of tea lights after you told us what a candle tart was.
A wax tart. huh!
...if I was on same wavelength with Mad, my answer would have been: mannequin.
So, I can burn my tea lights, but if I want smell, I need a tart too.
well, with allergies, maybe I better leave the smell off,...unless they have some that smell like spruce trees!
I have been looking for that smell for years. We always had a real tree, when I was very young. Tried that, too messy.
Give me the fake tree with the real smell in a candle or oil or potpourri.
Anybody know where to get it? That smell is definitely Christmas to me :D

TX_Cutie 11-09-2009 08:01 PM

I love pine scents! Christmas is a great season b/c they put out tarts scented in cedar, pine, evergreen, mistletoe, etc.

One of my favorites is by yankee candle - it's called christmas wreath.

BellaBoo 11-09-2009 09:01 PM

I must be the only person I know that does not like the scent of a burning candle no matter what scent it is, all I smell is melting wax and burnt wick underneath the scent. I can't tolerate Fabreez either. I seem to have sinus trouble every time I smell Fabreez.

bearisgray 11-09-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I must be the only person I know that does not like the scent of a burning candle no matter what scent it is, all I smell is melting wax and burnt wick underneath the scent. I can't tolerate Fabreez either. I seem to have sinus trouble every time I smell Fabreez.

You are not the only one sensitive to Fabreez.