Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Problem with my Juki TL2010Q (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/problem-my-juki-tl2010q-t291946.html)

ruby2shoes 10-18-2017 03:17 AM

Problem with my Juki TL2010Q

Twice now my machine has just stopped while I am sewing. :mad:I know power is still getting to the machine because the light stays on but nothing else works.....no bobbin winder, no needle up/down, no sewing. I try switching it off and back on, changing power points, jiggling leads, pulling leads out and then putting them back in but nothing will make the machine work...until.........I leave it for about half an hour or so and then miraculously everything is back working. This has happened twice now over a couple of months. The machine is only a few months old and despite being under warranty, the dealer says that if he pulls it apart to try to see what's happening, if he can't find anything then I will have to pay for the time and labour.:( As it's only a intermittent fault the chances of them finding anything wrong is pretty remote. Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening with the machine? Both times this has happened I have only been sewing for about an hour and only doing light piecing work. I have spent much longer stretches of time on the machine quilting big quilts without any probs so surely it's not an overheating problem?

QuiltnNan 10-18-2017 03:28 AM

i'm sorry this is happening. is there any way you can video the situation when it happens... that only the light works, etc.? if you document enough times, the warranty folks should believe you.

Quiltlove 10-18-2017 04:46 AM

It sounds to me like there is a short somewhere within the machine wiring. I would find a new dealer that would give your situation some proper attention. Maybe, not the dealer, but someone that can work on or repair Juki machines. The fact that the dealer says, "If he can't find anything, you will have to pay"......for his inability to diagnose the problem.

SusieQOH 10-18-2017 05:26 AM

Oh no!! That machine is strictly mechanical, what could be wrong? I'm at a loss here.

quiltingranny 10-18-2017 05:35 AM

Good to be aware of. I just bought this machine 2 weeks ago. I love the machine, but it's always good to know what someone else's experience has been. I agree with QuiltLove.....try a new dealer. Good luck

true4uca 10-18-2017 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes (Post 7926767)
Twice now my machine has just stopped while I am sewing. :mad:I know power is still getting to the machine because the light stays on but nothing else works.....no bobbin winder, no needle up/down, no sewing. I try switching it off and back on, changing power points, jiggling leads, pulling leads out and then putting them back in but nothing will make the machine work...until.........I leave it for about half an hour or so and then miraculously everything is back working. This has happened twice now over a couple of months. The machine is only a few months old and despite being under warranty, the dealer says that if he pulls it apart to try to see what's happening, if he can't find anything then I will have to pay for the time and labour.:( As it's only a intermittent fault the chances of them finding anything wrong is pretty remote. Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening with the machine? Both times this has happened I have only been sewing for about an hour and only doing light piecing work. I have spent much longer stretches of time on the machine quilting big quilts without any probs so surely it's not an overheating problem?

Contact Juki directly. Sounds like a short. They will fix it. Mine had something similar had to ship my machine to them but it was so worth it to me.

kristijoy 10-18-2017 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by true4uca (Post 7926948)
Contact Juki directly. Sounds like a short. They will fix it. Mine had something similar had to ship my machine to them but it was so worth it to me.

I like this solution! I've had a Juki2010Q that I've used with no problems for the last few years. It should be fixable!

MadQuilter 10-18-2017 10:14 AM

The problem may be in the power cord.

Macybaby 10-18-2017 12:17 PM

See if you can get the dealer to swap pedals and see if that does the trick. Being an intermittent problem, your dealer probably does not figure he can find the problem easily - and he's not willing to try to keep a customer happy. I don't think I'd buy from that dealer again if I had a choice.

I've had my machine for a year and a half, and the only problem I have is that my foot pedal will get dust inside and then my speed will start to vary on me. The first time it did this I wasn't sure what the problem was, but picked up my pedal and blew it out - and then it went back to working properly.

Weezy Rider 10-18-2017 12:58 PM

Like MadQuilter, I was thinking power cord. I buggered mine and only lights would work. The other half is an EE and he fixed it. You might just have enough bare wire showing to cause intermittent. I would find someone to look at it.