Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rolling tote? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rolling-tote-t295330.html)

gingerd 03-07-2018 03:47 PM

Rolling tote?

Those of you that go to classes and or retreats.....what type of rolling tote do you have? I was looking at getting a large one even though my machine is smaller. I figure I can put things inside of the tote to fill it up. I also figure if I get a large one and need to take my large machine I'd have room.

quiltingcandy 03-07-2018 04:08 PM

I have two rolling totes. One is a large Tutto, that I got for transporting and storing my Janome MC6600. It's not put in it very often but once in a while I have to put the machine away when we have company.

For my truly portable machine, I have one that I got at Joann's. My travel machines are smaller - I have a Featherweight and a small Europro. I like the standard size because of the room it provides. I keep a complete set of scissors, seam ripper, a few rulers, extension cord, a small cutting mat, a rotary cutter with blades, thread, and room for my projects I'm going to work on. I even have a spare light bulb for my machine. That way I don't have to worry about forgetting something when I travel.

gingerd 03-07-2018 04:11 PM

I was looking at the Tutto. Do you have any of the other cases that coordinate with it?

That's a great idea to have extra supplies kept in the tote. It would certainly make it a little easier to pack!

tranum 03-07-2018 05:08 PM

Mine is from Joanne’s (with coupon). My machine is 3/4 size, I keep my necessities in an old cigar box which packs in there nicely.

quiltingcandy 03-07-2018 05:13 PM

I don't have any other coordinating cases - didn't know there are any.

quiltingshorttimer 03-07-2018 07:11 PM

mine are also from JoAnn's (actually one's from old Hancock store). My travel machine fits perfectly, my larger Elna has to sit at an angle but still works. I use my Large cutting mat bag to hold other things and then stick projects into a rolling craft bag that also has shoulder straps. Came very close today at Costco to purchasing a folding wagon!

Cari-in-Oly 03-07-2018 10:11 PM

I use a couple from JoAnns. One is part of a set of bags, Everything Mary I think is the brand. One of my rolling totes is from my dealer for one of my embroidery machines, I think it's a Blue Fig. My serger cases are square rolling soft sided cooler totes from a thrift store, the sergers fit perfectly. And one more thrift store purchase is a rolling crafters tote that my smaller machines fit perfectly into.

Cari

patricej 03-08-2018 01:36 AM

i love my tutto. i like the four wheels instead of only 2 on most of the other brands.
i also prefer the tutto handle. it's the only one i don't have to bend while rolling it.

gingerd 03-08-2018 03:25 AM

Folding wagon...hmmmm........that's a thought too!

Thanks ladies!

Dolphyngyrl 03-08-2018 06:27 AM

I have had my bluefig for years