Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have Martelli products do you like them? I am considering buying. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-martelli-products-do-you-like-them-i-am-considering-buying-t295932.html)

Rhonda Lee 04-02-2018 07:31 PM

If you have Martelli products do you like them? I am considering buying.

My wrist is starting to bother me so I have been looking at different rotary cutters. This led me to Martelli's website with "all" of their goodies and videos. I'm not familiar with their products other than this recent look. I also need a new cutting mat. And then there are rulers to consider. Martelli seems rather expensive! Is it worth it? Looking forward to reading your comments and as always thank you. You are my go to.

missionslady 04-02-2018 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee (Post 8033259)
My wrist is starting to bother me so I have been looking at different rotary cutters. This led me to Martelli's website with "all" of their goodies and videos. I'm not familiar with their products other than this recent look. I also need a new cutting mat. And then there are rulers to consider. Martelli seems rather expensive! Is it worth it? Looking forward to reading your comments and as always thank you. You are my go to.

I have used the Martelli rotary cutter for years and found it to be very kind to the wrist when dealing with arthritis. I also have some of their rulers and templates and use them regularly. They are especially great because they will not slip or slide around on the fabrics. I do not have their cutting mats, but I have a friend who does and she has been very happy with it. I happen to live in Pensacola where Martelli is based which makes it convenient to visit their retail store. They will custom cut a template if you need a particular size, and they even put a handle on the larger 6” x 24” ruler for me. Their products are a little pricey, but they are well made and last for many years.

Tiggersmom 04-02-2018 09:22 PM

I love my Martelli cutters. I have the 45 + 60. I don't have the mats but will someday.

You might get a better price on Amazon.

gale 04-03-2018 12:28 AM

I love my martelli cutting mats. They are nice and thick. I have a 24 x 36 (I think that's the size) and a rotating mat. I also love the 45 mm rotary cutter but don't use the 60 mm very much. The blade skips after less than one project. I looked at some of the rulers but I think they're black? Seeing my fabric behind the ruler is important for the way I cut.

thimblebug6000 04-03-2018 06:24 AM

Did you notice this recent thread on this topic? https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f...d-t295925.html

Rhonda Lee 04-03-2018 09:44 AM

Thank you thimblebug. Lots of questions and thoughts about Martelli products. There are 3 threads counting this one that are current. I did not see the other two when I posted my questions. Lots to think about including the cost of everything. I'm looking at the rotary cutters, mats and rulers. And I'm retired! I didn't think I'd be buying basics again. But things do wear out including my wrist! Thanks for the input folks. I do appreciate your responses'.

TexasSunshine 04-03-2018 09:56 AM

The rotary cutters are great, I have both of them, ordered when they were half off. They take a lot of stress off my wrist. I would like a mat but will wait a while.

Rhonda K 04-03-2018 04:48 PM

Rhonda,

Did you sign up for their emails? If you can wait, they have sales around each holiday. They just had a half-off one. Next one should be May. perhaps Mother's Day and Memorial Day.

I love the round mat!

wesing 04-03-2018 05:16 PM

I'm another happy Martelli customer. There is a learning curve to using their cutters, but it's worth it. If you are buying several products it may be wise to wait for another half price sale. Also, if you can swing a VERY large purchase, they have in the past packaged tons of rulers and templates, along with both sizes of cutters with their cutting tables. I'm not sure if they still do this but their tables are amazing. They are height and tilt adjustable, and have the cutting mat recessed into the table. We bought one of the table packages during one of their half price sales several years ago and it has become one of our favorite splurges.

While you are waiting, subscribe to their YouTube channel and watch all their demos, and sign up for their emails. They don't bury you with emails like some companies do.

Shorebird 04-04-2018 04:34 AM

I use Martelli rotary cutter, blades (sharpest and last longest) and mat! I wait until there is a REDLINE DIRECT sale so I can get the products I need for 50% off.