Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Share a picture of your first (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/share-picture-your-first-t297350.html)

PamelaOry 06-02-2018 06:54 PM

Share a picture of your first

A recent post has got me thinking and wondering about everyones first quilts. Are you willing to post a picture of your first quilt? Would be fun to see your last one too, for some of us, they are still the same!

Jingle 06-02-2018 08:17 PM

Never thought to take pictures. I made my first quilt in 1966. It is long gone.

Jennie and Me 06-02-2018 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can only find this one picture and it's the flimsy stage.[ATTACH=CONFIG]595375[/ATTACH] Hmmm, small picture, but it's a fan quilt.

Irishrose2 06-02-2018 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made my first 7 years ago - I came very late to quilting. A friend asked me to make a prayer quilt, so I went to the library chose a pattern, went to the church closet and chose some fabrics (nothing I'd want) and made a quilt. Partial seams, setting triangles, etc. :D No quilting. We tie the prayer quilts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595376[/ATTACH]

zozee 06-02-2018 09:07 PM

Jennie--Your first one had all those curves! Oh my goodness!

zozee 06-02-2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 (Post 8069559)
I made my first 7 years ago - I came very late to quilting. A friend asked me to make a prayer quilt, so I went to the library chose a pattern, went to the church closet and chose some fabrics (nothing I'd want) and made a quilt. Partial seams, setting triangles, etc. :D No quilting. We tie the prayer quilts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595376[/ATTACH]

Nothing like jumping into the deep end, Rose! Pretty!

zozee 06-02-2018 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595377[/ATTACH]

This one was my first, which my sister and I made together as a gift to my mom when she graduated from nursing school at the tender age of 57.

I don't remember exactly how we divvied up the duties, but I remember choosing the pattern, all the fabrics, cutting out a whole lot of little triangles, designing and sewing on the appliques by hand, and wondering if we'd ever finish it. Actually, I started the quilt when she started the nursing program. Probably asked my sister to pitch in some help because I was raising three kids under 4; quilting was a little much to squeeze in.

Not sure why it loaded sideways. It's a small file.

ckcowl 06-03-2018 03:16 AM

Even though I made my first quilt in 1976 and do not have pictures ( it was pretty funny) it was small - for my first born. An alphabet quilt I drew animals/ things for each letter on muslin squares, hand embroidered them and put it together with a medium/dark blue. She loved it, other people laughed at it-
Some of my renditions didn’t really look much like the animal I was trying to create.

Mdegenhart 06-03-2018 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595382[/ATTACH]

sprice 06-03-2018 05:11 AM

My first one is long gone. I made it out of poly/cotton and tied it- not nearly enough. The batting fell apart in the wash--but my daughter carried that embarrassment around for years. She called it Pinkie! It was a bag of lumped batting! I refused to let it go to college with her!