Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--10/5-10/8/18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-10-5-10-8-18-a-t299992.html)

Raggiemom 10-05-2018 04:00 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--10/5-10/8/18

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend! I won't be on here much this weekend but will be with you in thought! Today and tomorrow I am taking workshops on using Marti Mitchell templates (feathered star and kaleidoscope). So I will be quilting :) and will check in at night. Sunday I am going out of town to present a quilt of valor and will be back Monday. My husband gets the joy of catsitting our babies while I'm gone. Hopefully when I return Monday, I will quilt in the afternoon.

So what is everyone working on this weekend? Starting to panic about Christmas presents? Don't worry, there will be two more VQW before Christmas. In fact, the next one will be November 9-11.

QuiltingVagabond 10-05-2018 04:05 AM

Good morning Heather! I won't be sewing this weekend either, because in just a few minutes we are leaving to help with set up at our guild quilt show. I have entered 5 items, we have over 160 entries! Which is a lot for this guild. So the next 3 days will be very busy.

NZquilter 10-05-2018 04:19 AM

I'm in again! Hoping to actually get something done!!

I am working on MSQC star patch pattern. I have all 340 4-patches made up, now onto 300+ hst! I'm also planning to make up a BOM block and work on the Mystery Train Ride once the next step comes out tomorrow.

Okay, dishes first, then sewing!

GingerK 10-05-2018 04:38 AM

I had hoped to finally get my sewing room back in shape after having to move everything to one side, to accommodate the needs of our electrician and plumber, during our kitchen reno. Unfortunately, the electrician is still not finished.

Plus this is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend and the kids and grands are arriving tomorrow. My kitchen is still without proper countertops (surprising what can be cobbled together with plywood and plastic table cloths :)) but the new range is hooked up and we will have a proper turkey dinner tomorrow evening. Happy sewing everyone. Wish I could join you.

luvstoquilt 10-05-2018 04:40 AM

I am going to a quilt show on Sunday in Kankakee, Illinois. So I will not be able to join in on Sunday but I will be there Saturday.

Boston1954 10-05-2018 05:52 AM

I'm in. I have to straighten up the sewing room first though. :)

thimblebug6000 10-05-2018 07:48 AM

In between Cdn. Thanksgiving food prep. I hope to join the scrappy blocks I have worked on for a few years... they are laying on the living room floor, getting rumpled by the dog, so I really need to get this done! However I am heading out at 10 with a friend, and not back until dinner time.... Tomorrow it is my walking group and then hair appt.... and Sunday is Thanksgiving dinner at DD's .... and Monday is our anniversary.... looking forward to everyone's pictures! ;)

gramajo 10-05-2018 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 8138033)
I am going to a quilt show on Sunday in Kankakee, Illinois. So I will not be able to join in on Sunday but I will be there Saturday.

My DD and I are going to Kankakee tomorrow.

Iceblossom 10-05-2018 08:52 AM

Today I am going to connect my sailboat quilt top to the Seahawk fleece backing I have for it, I decided to not use any batting in between because I don't have any. It fits but it is very tight, only about an inch left on the selvage sides, couple of inches on the cut sides. I'm going to safety pin it and do a large clam shell all over design tomorrow on my little old machine. It's between crib/twin size and I should be ok but I have gotten spoiled to using my friend's long arm.

I prepared the binding fabric, probably finish cutting/ironing it today. Goal is to have it on the quilted down top by Tuesday small group so I can do the hand work finishing there.

Watson 10-05-2018 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on quilting the 19th Mystery Train Ride. Doubt I'll get it done as I'm working all weekend, but I'll put a dent in it.

Watson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602074[/ATTACH]