Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Brother customer service (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/brother-customer-service-t307059.html)

MarionsQuilts 09-23-2019 02:07 PM

Brother customer service

1 Attachment(s)
I cannot say enough about how amazing the "main" customer service is for Brother.

For the last 6-7 months I have had huge disagreements with the dealer that I got my machine from. It has been a huge battle, and I gave in at times, and others I stood my ground.

My biggest issue was that the bobbin sensor would quit working. Bring it in, he'd "clean" it, and a week later, same issue. I was going bonkers. So I contacted brother online, explained my problems (including the dealer). I had to ship my machine to Montreal (they sent me a box, tape, bubble wrap and a preprinted label). I emailed him to say the box was ready, and UPS was there to pick it up.

Brother had my machine for 10 days. (Thankfully I still have my little baby!) The tech videotaped every single thing he did, explaining to me what he was doing and how it was supposed to be. Turns out the dealer wasn't really cleaning my machine, he was simply cleaning the sensor. The amount of dust and lint in my machine was horrifying. I clean my machine regularly - this was where we "the user" can't get into. So the dealer will definitely get spoken to, but not by me.

He found me another dealer in my area, so I will working with them moving forward.

The accessories that I got for being "put out" by not having my machine are

Here's a pic!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617716[/ATTACH]

All embroidery thread! A new foot, a new power cord, 2 felting feet attachments (not sure why 2 but hey!) and two different types of stands for threads - 1 for 2 spools, and the other for 10 spools!

I have to say that after having such awful experiences with the "dealer" I was super impressed when dealing with brother themselves. Let's face it, this is not a cheap machine, so I getting super upset with the dealer. The tech guy was amazing, and I am a much much happier camper!!!!

Now I just need to figure out how these new toys work!

tallchick 09-23-2019 02:20 PM

Now that’s what you call service! I was just lamenting today the lack of service or even the ability of said service to interact appropriately,have fun with your new toys, looking forward to seeing what you make next, you always do such wonderful work!

lynnie 09-23-2019 03:38 PM

i'm so glad to hear of your success.
i got mine from a dealwer down the block from me (5 miles away).
the ervice was horrible. the machine sewed BACKWARDS at first. she took it back, but was really mean about it. telling me i was stupid and didn't know how to run it. it went back a few times. everyone around knows she has bad juo-juo and a big black cloud over her store. It was $2700.00 in 1998. i took out a loan to pay for it. I ended up getting a new machine, not from her. I never thught to go to the manufactuer. I shouod have, but back then, i didn't have a computer or even thought about it.
i'm so glad you had a happy ending.

Iceblossom 09-23-2019 03:42 PM

Hooray for you for standing your ground and taking care of your problem. And some goodies to boot!

So glad it worked out well in the end no one likes being in one of those "and the last straw was" sort of situations.

Sharonquilts 09-23-2019 06:53 PM

MarionsQuilts, so glad you received a good resolution. I bought a Brother embroidery machine last April and, fortunately, I haven't had any issues. However, it is great to know that their CS is so good. I would say they went above and beyond with all the goodies I see in your picture.

Lynnie, so sorry you had such a bad experience. I hate when someone tells me something and thinks I'm foolish enough to believe it. It's such an insult. And, yes, Mr. Google has made it much easier for us to do our research so we can be better informed. I just hate to see people taken advantage of.

Rhonda K 09-24-2019 12:34 AM

Marion,

Impressive customer service for you. Those are great accessories. You will love the 10 thread stand. It’s nice to see that your machine is now working correctly. Yes, these machines need maintenance that we can’t reach. Hopefully, the new dealer will keep your machine purring along.

I will say the dealer is everything. How they respond to problems says so much. Fortunately, my local dealer is wonderful and has great support.

helou 09-24-2019 02:18 AM

It is really a joy to read good ending and how you proceeded to have your problem solved! we rarely think of giving credit to where it belongs. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

liking quilting 09-24-2019 02:38 AM

Wonderful ending and so glad you shared this with us.

Jordan 09-24-2019 04:36 AM

That is great customer service and I think it is wonderful that you shared this. Usually we only hear bad reports so it was nice to hear this good news. I am happy for you and you had great patience and it paid off.

juliasb 09-24-2019 04:43 AM

This is why I use brothers machines! I have 14 different machines in this house many vintage 4 are brothers. All of them are newer machines. 3 of the 4 are embroidery machines. Brothers has been very helpful over the years. On one machine they sent me the parts and told me how to install and adjust the new parts. It was a whiz and so easy. Twice I sent other machines back for service and they were the best. On the phone their service reps are so helpful and willing to get it right. Of course I did not have any kind of problems like yours and it shows that good customer service goes a long way. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. I always recommend Brothers machines from low to high end they are the best IMO. I am glad for you.