Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

sewbizgirl 06-03-2020 01:28 PM

2020 June through November Round Robin

This is the dedicated thread for our June 2020 thru November 2020 Round Robin. It will be a place for members to communicate and also show their progress pics.

This Round Robin will begin with a center medallion of approx. 18”. Each person will make their center and send it on to the next participant, who will add on a border, in the style and/or theme of the center block (or completely different but complimentary.)

Each person in turn adds another border that compliments the quilt. Once the quilt has made the rounds to all participants it is mailed back to the original owner.

Each border should be not more than 6" wide. We are experienced quilters. If you slap on a plain border because the piece needs a plain border, add something like applique. Don't be lazy on someone else's piece.

This Round Robin has 6 slots for participants. Five are already filled. Mail date for the centers is June 22. After that, we will mail monthly to the next participant on the list, until all borders are on. Once completed the quilts will be mailed back to their originators.

All board rules for swaps apply to this swap as well.

sewbizgirl and Rebaquilts

Iceblossom 06-03-2020 01:49 PM

Hello all, participants already know I have signed up for this, my first actual round robin although I've participated in other forms of block swaps before. Although I have sent some fabric out to people on the boards, this will be my first swapping with board members. I did a lot of swapping things around Y2K and then met my husband, and while I continued quilting in real life, I just returned to internet quilting a couple of years ago.

I was the number 1 wait listed participant for a really fun group in my local guild that I watched for about 8 years but ultimately everyone retired before anyone quit. Darn. Another guild show I went to each year (sigh... Covington Quilters also cancelled this year due to Covid) always had a good "bed turning" at the show with a round robin group that had a lot great tops.

I'm really excited because I will end up with a top that I would never otherwise make and I'll be pushed a bit to explore styles and fabrics that maybe I don't use very often.

givio 06-03-2020 02:04 PM

I'm glad to have a thread in which to share our Round Robin progress with Quilting Board members. :-) Thank you to our new Board member, Rebaquilts, for requesting interest in a RR! I'm happy to join and am looking forward to seeing what we all come up with round by round. Lets each make a goal to check in often and post pictures. :-)

sewbizgirl 06-03-2020 04:30 PM

Yes! Each participant needs to check this thread as often as they are able. Daily would be ideal....

We are still looking for another person to participate with us. If anyone is interested, please pm me. So far this group consists of:

Rebaquilts
Iceblossom
givio
sewbizgirl
(Reba's friend)

LeeAnn 06-03-2020 05:40 PM

Round Robin

I would love to join your Round Robin if you still have an available spot.
Thanks,
Lee Ann

LAF2019 06-03-2020 05:50 PM

I do not feel I can participate, but this sounds fun and I will be following everyone's progress! perhaps I can join another time. have fun!

granky 06-04-2020 04:54 AM

This does sound like fun....hope lots of pictures are posted....love those pictures!

klaws 06-04-2020 04:55 AM

This really sounds interesting. I will follow the thread and watch the progress as it goes along. Have fun everyone!

LeeAnn 06-04-2020 01:46 PM

I am excited to be in this Round Robin. I did the international Round Robin years ago with this board and had so much fun. Let's stay in touch.

maryb119 06-04-2020 02:24 PM

I love round robins. If there is an opening, I would love to be part of it.