Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-oct-3-5-2020-a-t312666.html)

Raggiemom 10-01-2020 03:29 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Oct 3-5, 2020

Good evening quilters! Welcome to October's Virtual Quilting Weekend. What are your plans/goals for this weekend? I have a couple quilt tops I would like to quilt and bind. There are also some hand work projects to make progress on. I started some wool Christmas ornaments last weekend. I'm ready to start the lazy daisy stitch, this is a new stitch for me. I need a little more practice with it I think. Before I start any work though I need to spend an hour and put some things away in the sewing room.

If you're new and you're wondering what this is all about, we quilt together "virtually". We share what we're working on, including pictures sometimes. We love to "meet" new people :) Any questions, just ask.

Next VQW is November 7-9, 2020.

Irishrose2 10-01-2020 04:02 PM

Working on a wedding quilt. The couple is moving to Japan very soon, so I need to get it done. The FMQ has started.

retiredteacher09 10-01-2020 04:13 PM

I’m in. I will be finishing a top with blocks from a project that turned UFO recently. I’m changing up the pattern to my liking.

Thanks for hosting again, Heather!

QuiltingVagabond 10-01-2020 04:56 PM

We are leaving for a camping trip Sunday and I plan to take some sewing along. 2 tops to bind and some masks to make. Not sure if much sewing will happen before then as I still have some packing to do. But maybe. I need to make a bag to protect my new to me Sew Steady table and maybe I will find time to do the quilting on the outside fabric.

NZquilter 10-01-2020 05:37 PM

I'm going to try really hard to join in this weekend! I've been so busy, homeschooling my kindergartener and chasing after two toddlers and pregnant, I am having sewing withdrawals! Even if all I can make is a couple of blocks for my scrappy quilt, I'll be happy. Tomorrow I have an OBGYN appointment and then some grocery shopping, but I might get some sewing in the afternoon.

sewbizgirl 10-01-2020 06:55 PM

NZquilter... suddenly your family size has doubled! Hope you are feeling well and keeping up with the kiddos. Surely this baby is the boy.... I have a third grandchild coming in March of 2021!

I'm glad to have a VQW. i just finished my round robin round today, so don't have that to work on, but I will be making the blocks for the boom swap, Pumpkins. Also need to work on my ornament for the ornament swap.

Barb in Louisiana 10-01-2020 08:04 PM

I plan to figure out where I was on a Judy Neimeyer quilt that I started a couple of years ago. Maybe I can get sewing on it again.

WMUTeach 10-02-2020 02:39 AM

I am so "in". This was to have been my guild's retreat week-end but it was cancelled because of....you know what. I am in mourning.
So my list to do this week-end
1. Finish piecing blue donation quilt.
2. Layer and quilt green donation quilt.
3. Make a choice of fabrics for baby quilt. (Too many choices and this is a special family baby.)
4. Cut pieces for Chemo Pouches
5. Maybe a mask or two from the new pattern.

Battle Axe 10-02-2020 02:48 AM

Barb in Louisiana, please post pics as you progress on the Judy Neimeyer. It all may seem simple to skilled people, like you, but to me for one am totally intimidated.

I've decided to keep the long arm and get the software, also put casters on the frame so I can move it. Also, found the Snake River book and several others hiding among the cookbooks.

luvstoquilt 10-02-2020 04:47 AM

I seem to be overwhelmed right now. I have so many projects ready to start and am not sure which one I will do first! I am really trying not to add more before I get these done. I think I will make a list and do a bit of reorganization.😁