Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-jan-15-18-2021-a-t313852.html)

Raggiemom 01-14-2021 03:53 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Jan 15-18, 2021

Welcome to the January regular VQW. Hope you've been productive and having fun since we last "met" a few weeks ago. I'm not sure exactly what I'm working on this weekend. I have several WIPs plus a couple block of the week clues to do. And I suppose I could pick up some. It seems like that task is never-ending! It probably doesn't help that I dumped half of my FQ cabinet on the floor looking for something. At the least, I should put those away :)

So what are all of you working on this weekend? I think one of my goals will be to figure out how to upload a picture on here. I have done it in past so should be able to do it again.

Next VQW will be February 12-15/

froggyinNewMexco 01-14-2021 04:29 PM

I believe I will make a back for a small Valentine quilt and get it to the long armer to see what she can do with it.

leheath8 01-14-2021 04:34 PM

I'll be doing the prep work for some virtual classes I'll be taking next Friday and Saturday through the Road to CA virtual quilt show. If I get done with that (which I might since it's a long weekend!), I'll continue to work on assembling my Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. I'd also like to bind the quilt I just finished quilting on my long arm, but that may be beyond what I can fit into a 3 day weekend!

WMUTeach 01-14-2021 04:47 PM

I will be joining in the weekend of sewing off and on over the week-end between doing other important tasks for work and around the house.
1. Finish pillow for my granddaugher
2. Make more 4x4 grids squares (16 squares each) from my 2.5" squares - Goal of 50
3. Add binding to brown quilt and maybe hand stitch it to the back.

Conchalea 01-14-2021 05:13 PM

I'll be joining in, trying to finish the Ripple quilt which is a free jelly roll pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop. My daughter has surgery scheduled for Jan 22 & I want to give her this quilt as a comfort quilt. I may also work on piecing the back for my RWB project.

QuiltingVagabond 01-14-2021 05:16 PM

Hi Heather and all VQWers, I have been making Dear Jane blocks this week but now I am switching back to the finish of Grassy Creek (Bonnie Hunter mystery). I'd love to get the top done but that may be a little optimistic.

cjsews 01-14-2021 05:26 PM

I am working on a Christmas log cabin. No not last year. Blocks are done and ready to lay out. I also want to make some quick rag quilts for grandkids.

Railroadersbrat 01-15-2021 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Miss Heather and all our fantabulous quilting buddies! Thank you again for hosting, always love these long weekends!

I'm hoping to get to know my new quilting rulers. I pre-ordered them in December and they finally showed up in the mail yesterday. Considering they landed just before a VQW, I'm going to take that as a sign, lol.

Also going to be doing some re-arranging and re-organizing of my quilting corner, I got the fiancé a rock tumbler for an early birthday gift (it's not until February, but we had extra cash, thanks to the stimulus, so I pulled the trigger and got it), only problem is now he's been slowly invading my spot! The table I use to cut from yardage is completely covered with his rocks and the rock tumbler is now a source of white noise for me. I don't mind sharing the room, I like that we both have hobbies that keeps us in the same room and we can do things together, but I can barely move in my corner now, so things have to get adjusting again.

Other than that, still working on the Rainbow Bridge - I started to get bored out of nowhere and started another sampler, but plan to get back to the Bridge this weekend. Super excited I got the rulers, though, it's going to be fun to play with them!

Rff1010 01-15-2021 03:54 AM

I'm making some zipper bags and some applique bears as cornerstones for a bearpaw pattern.

I lost some sew-jo on a RWB and I'm trying to decide if I should officially UFO the blocks to get some patience and perspective.

Once the bearpaw is done I have it and another to sandwich and quilt....but that may be too much for a wknd- even this one!

jmoore 01-15-2021 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Woohoo...I love it when I get to join in on VQW. DH is going to Massachusetts this weekend to care for his 100 yr old mother. I usually go to help but I have a real estate client appointment Saturday morning so I get the whole house to myself all weekend...I don’t have to cook or clean up after someone else. LOL

I just finished quilting and binding my Merry Mayhem mystery and will put a label on it today so I can get it in the mail for a dear friend’s birthday. I just finished a charity quilt top and will load it on the LA to get it done and out of my way. I am making 16 patch blocks for another scrap project in the Debbie Brown quilt along group.