Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Machinger Gloves Owners (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/machinger-gloves-owners-t314083.html)

Railroadersbrat 01-31-2021 11:07 PM

Machinger Gloves Owners

So I finally got a pair of the Machinger gloves because I'm getting close to start FMQ'ing the UFOs I have. They fit wonderfully, I'm wondering how I got on without them, but I've noticed that the back of my hands tend to get itchy after I've been in them for a little bit. I don't get a rash and after looking what what they were made of, I'm not allergic to the gloves themselves. I am going to gently hand wash them in a couple days to see if I can maybe soften them up a little, but just curious if anyone else ran into this problem, or am I the weird kid on the block again?

Sheri.a 02-01-2021 12:36 AM

I've used them for years (really love them) and have so many allergies to chemicals and perfumes I'm surprised these haven't bothered me after what you are experiencing.

I have noticed that the fingers on the Machingers get very dirty looking due to the dies in the fabrics. I've been known to purchase new ones just to get the clean look again.

copycat 02-01-2021 02:01 AM

I have had my gloves for many years and haven't had any issues. Try putting hand lotion on to see if that helps. Good luck!

jmoore 02-01-2021 03:42 AM

I’ve have two pair and yes, they do get stained from the fabric but I just throw them in the wash. I’ve never had a reaction to them but hopefully after you wash them you’ll be okay.

BonnieJP 02-01-2021 04:45 AM

I love the Machinger gloves too. I haven't had a reaction to them. Washing them and Copycat's suggestion of the hand lotion sound like good options to try.

Tartan 02-01-2021 06:46 AM

All our hand are in bad shape with all the washing we have been doing during Covid. I suspect that washing the gloves to get the stiffness out will make them less irritating. I have been having to lotion up before going to bed .

Three Dog Night 02-01-2021 06:54 AM

I have 2 pair of Machinger gloves and when fingers get dirty I put them in the wash. You might try a product called Gloves in a Bottle prior to putting gloves on it does not feel greasy after using, I found it first at LQS but pharmacy now sells it also.

Onebyone 02-01-2021 08:38 AM

I wash mine with the laundry. I have never had problems with itching. I bought several pairs on clearance to have on hand but so far I haven't had a pair wear out yet.

catsden 02-01-2021 09:54 AM

I buy my gloves from the garden center. They work great and don't cost a lot of money.

Karamarie 02-01-2021 11:23 AM

I love me and use them all the time when FMQ. I just throw mine in the washing machine but the finger tips don't always get white. It must have to do with the rubbery fabric used on the tips. Next time I wash them I'm going to spray the tips with some kind of spray stain remover.