Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stripology Ruler and Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stripology-ruler-quilt-t315475.html)

WesternWilson 05-28-2021 07:01 AM

Stripology Ruler and Quilt

1 Attachment(s)
I really like this quilt, photo I found on Pinterest, attached. The pattern is Kira although the photo quilt uses a different layout than on the quilt pattern package.

My question is: is the Stripology ruler worth the price? I am happy to add it to the collection if it really makes things easier : )

Kitsie 05-28-2021 07:33 AM

June Taylor shape cut ruler...

is the same and yes, they are very useful! Great for cutting sashing and binding! Amazon has them, not cheap but worth it if you cut many strips!

Quiltwoman44 05-28-2021 07:57 AM

some people love it and some hate it. Do you have a friend who might have one you can try out?

joanneg 05-28-2021 07:58 AM

I got the Stripology XL last year. It was a small bit of a learning curve, but I love mine. It makes cutting multiple strips so fast, easy and accurate.

sewingpup 05-28-2021 09:18 AM

I wouldn't be using mine daily, but I do like it for certain things. I have an accuquilt Go but don't have all the dies I need for it so the this ruler does come in handy when cutting strips when I don't have the die I need. It is also very helpful when sub cutting strata. I find it stays in place very well and doesn't not slip so cuts are accurate and it is larger than my old June Taylor one.

TheMerkleFamily 05-28-2021 12:17 PM

The Kira quilt is one of my favorites! It’s a fun one to make and I always love the results.

I do not have the stripology ruler and get along just fine without it. I did not have any trouble at all without it. Maybe it might make the cuts quicker but I think that pattern goes together quite quick even without it.

I don’t know how to post a pic off my phone but would be happy to share a couple of my Kira quilts when I get back to my home computer.

Look forward to seeing your version - please post pics!

Reader1 05-28-2021 12:30 PM

I love my Stripology ruler. I have been piecing quilts for a couple of years. Too often the ruler moves while I am cutting When I use the stripology ruler I am much more accurate. There is a definite learning curve. You have to remember to set the end of your fabric on 0. There is a nice white line helping you, but there is a black line that at the beginning I made cutting errors. My ruler has stars for every 2 1/2 so you don't have to do the math, It has squares, filled in circles. I really do like it.

Appin 05-28-2021 01:34 PM

Love it. It's my go to ruler now. I've been cutting a pile of 2 1/2" strips, and sub cutting to size, and it's so quick. No need to move the ruler between each cut and very accurate.
Useful for trimming up too.

Onebyone 05-28-2021 02:14 PM

I like it much better then the Shape Cut ruler. it's not as flimsy. I put in in my cart at Amazon and when I was alerted the price dropped I bought it for $32.50 with free shipping. It was that price for about two hours. I don't have a clue how the prices are set but I always put items I want but don't need right now in my cart and wait for a price drop. Maybe they want me to clear out my cart. I have tons in it. LOL

NZquilter 05-28-2021 02:29 PM

I love my Stripology ruler. I use it all the time and have never regretted buying it. It is expensive, but I got it for myself for my birthday last year. I got the Stripology XL.