Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Laundry Basket Quilts 2021 Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/laundry-basket-quilts-2021-mystery-t316485.html)

SuzSLO 09-27-2021 03:44 PM

Laundry Basket Quilts 2021 Mystery

3 Attachment(s)
The 2020 Mystery Quilt (“California”) brought me back to quilting after almost a 20 year hiatus. When Edyta Sita announced a new mystery quilt for 2021 (“Michigan”), I was interested. But the blocks were going to be 4”, which had me intimidated. When the first few blocks were released in May, I knew I could do it. Even better, it allowed me to get familiar with my new 8” Qube for my Accuquilt. I used an orphan Signature block (made in Laundry Basket Quilts fabrics) for my label.

ibex94 09-27-2021 03:51 PM

Lovely quilt! Your journey to get there is great, too. Congratulations on this beautiful finish. I like the dog peeking through the rails at you as if to say I want this quilt! Take it off the rail!

SuzSLO 09-27-2021 04:45 PM

Ibex: My dog was looking at her crazy Mom on the wrong side of the fence and wondering why she couldn’t join me. I didn’t realize she was watching me take the photos until I looked at the finished product.

MicheleC 09-27-2021 08:25 PM

That’s beautiful! You did a wonderful job. Edyta Sitar makes some gorgeous quilt patterns.

toogie 09-27-2021 10:45 PM

This is one gorgeous quilt! I love it! You did an amazing job. I don’t think I’d have what it takes to do a mystery. Maybe I’m OCD but before I’d invest time and money I would need to see if I like it. So do you have to buy the pattern or kit or can you buy your own fabrics and she gives you how-to’s often? I have never participated in a mystery quilt along.
I too love the dog peeking.

tallchick 09-28-2021 02:47 AM

Beautiful quilt! And welcome back to the joys of quilting. Cute dog too!

lindaschipper 09-28-2021 03:56 AM

Laundry Basket patterns don't usually thrill me because I can't seem to move past the colors she uses. To me they are always the same. HOWEVER I love your quilt and can see how just changing colors to something more me would make a big difference. I may have to go back and check her patterns out again.

SuzSLO 09-28-2021 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by toogie (Post 8510333)
This is one gorgeous quilt! I love it! You did an amazing job. I don’t think I’d have what it takes to do a mystery. Maybe I’m OCD but before I’d invest time and money I would need to see if I like it. So do you have to buy the pattern or kit or can you buy your own fabrics and she gives you how-to’s often? I have never participated in a mystery quilt along.
I too love the dog peeking.

For the 2021 Mystery Quilt, there were 12 clues released 6 days a week over 2 weeks of her online blog. She suggested 2 color ways: rainbow or blue and white. You could purchase a fabric bundle or do what I did, supplement my stash with additional fabric, making choices each day based on my perception of light/medium/dark in the blog instructions and accompanying video.

As an example, the instructions in the first clue were to make 8 total 4 patch blocks, in two different combinations of light/blue. I was able to stay up with the program through about Block 10, when I needed more fabric. I also made 4 blocks that I ended up not using in the final quilt because I didn’t like the contrast (or lack thereof). I substituted a different block entirely, so I could try another Accuquilt die.

In 2020, I waited until all the clues were released before I started, so I knew what the final quilt would look like.

SusieQOH 09-28-2021 05:47 AM

That is gorgeous!! Ohhh i love that border!!!
Your pooch wants to be in on the photo- so cute! :)

Quiltwoman44 09-28-2021 05:51 AM

I too missed the puppy! I was caught up in the quilt! Beautiful work and I'm glad you are back to quilting!