Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-2-18-2-21-22-a-t317579.html)

Raggiemom 02-17-2022 04:34 PM

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Welcome to VQW! What are your plans for the weekend? There are several quilt tops hanging over the upstairs railing. My goal is to start quilting and slowly work my way through the pile and have it completely done by the end of the month. I also have a quilt which needs to have the binding stitched down by hand by next Thursday.

Next months VQW will be March 18-20.

cjsews 02-17-2022 04:54 PM

I hope to join in working on a double wedding ring. It will only be lap sized. I have not sewn all week. Company is here but due to leave tomorrow.

sewingpup 02-17-2022 05:09 PM

will I ever get clue 7 finished? That is my goal for the weekend!

cherrybsixty 02-17-2022 06:21 PM

Thank you, Heather for another great weekend. My plans are to not be just a lurker. I got a couple of UFO's that I haven't touched in month, so I just might start on one of them.

Happy sewing everyone

cherryb

retiredteacher09 02-17-2022 08:34 PM

Thanks Heather for hosting again.

I will be working on my red, white, and blue quilt top. The blocks are finished. My design wall is clear. 🙂. So the first step is to decide on the layout. Then I will pick up my good piecing machine from the LQS. I took it in because the needle seemed to be thumping when it went down and the top thread had resistance to it. 🤷‍♀️ Fortunately, it was only 2 days turnaround time. My leader/ender project will be tumbler blocks.

I look forward to everyone’s projects.

petthefabric 02-18-2022 12:43 AM

Going to make as many BOOM blocks as possible on Saturday. Plans for Sun, can't participate.

tallchick 02-18-2022 03:02 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I need to put the border on Allitare, but I will probably not get it done. I am doing a deep clean and this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

WMUTeach 02-18-2022 04:55 AM

I am back again. Thank you for this focused week-end of quilting.

Tasks at hand
1. Finish binding on the Harriett's Journey quilt.
2. Finish pieces of HST baby quilt, layer and quilt.
3. Wouldn't be wonderful to just finish the baby quilt altogether. :thumbup:

pbraun 02-18-2022 05:24 AM

I am focused on finishing the applique on an Imagine quilt by Nancy Halvorson. It was started as a BOM at my LQS in 2019 but in 2020 classes stopped. The teacher made up baggies with fabric for each month. Last week I cut out and ironed on all of the remaining shapes for 7 blocks. Now I need to finish machine applique for 6 1/2 blocks. Should be about 2 blocks each of these weekend virtual quilting days.

Julienm1 02-18-2022 05:48 AM

Only 2 goals for this VQW. Finish binding on one Project Linus quilt and see if I can get another quilt done by next Sat. Blocks are pieced just need to do the rest of the assembly.