Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/now-xmas-09-past-whats-plan-10-a-t32407.html)

cherrybsixty 12-26-2009 09:02 PM

Okay, now that everyone has their 2009 christmas all complete, being a newbie at this do we start 2010 gift plans this week or do we give ourselves another or more time that.

sharon b 12-26-2009 09:13 PM

LOL it is an ongoing planning ... and what we didn't finish for 09.. we hope to get done before 10 :oops:

charmpacksplus 12-26-2009 09:17 PM

Don't forget all those birthday present we have to buy for everyone between now and next Christmas )-: It's never too early to start planning.

amma 12-26-2009 09:17 PM

I figure that I still have 10 months to procrastinate :oops:
Seriously, I am going to try and work on the quilt tops the first 6 months and then finishing them the last 6 weeks...I know ME all TOO well LMBO

Deb watkins 12-26-2009 10:29 PM

I am going to take the time to work on my own Oriental quilt - I posted pictures several months ago. I pulled it out last night (well, 2am - what is it with these late/early hours?) and just looked at it for about 20 minutes. Figured out that I really was to tired start it. If JRSAY (Joanne) doesn't get her Dec block this week, I am going to make her another batch of what I already did.

MadQuilter 12-26-2009 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
being a newbie at this do we start 2010 gift plans this week

huh? I'm running about 2 years behind on major events. So I think I'll be heading into 2008 at this point. lol

patricej 12-26-2009 11:59 PM

i think i'll do as the Artist Formerly Known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince once suggested...

party like it's 1999!

:lol:

Elisabrat 12-27-2009 12:05 AM

Are you kidding? more time? I am on a no budget plan. I plan NOW. Placemats are in order for two out of three. I also am planning three wall quilts as gifts and am already collecting fabric as I have the patterns ready. So.. never too early. This year I started in Sept and was highly stressed come Dec so no I am getting ready right now. I want to love the holiday as I do not worry I didnt do enough... and I do so little.. so a gift a month in the bag? oh yes. oh double yes. Plus.. its a goal, a vision.. a reason to keep creating and that.. is a gift back to me right up front.

mic-pa 12-27-2009 03:57 AM

My children and friends have more quilts than they know what to do with so I think I will spend the year making charity quilts or cancer comfort quilts for those going thru treatment. Will check with my local hospital at the oncology unit.

diannemc 12-27-2009 04:45 AM

Well after Christmas I don't have money..LOL So after a month or two or even three or more..lol maybe I can start getting some fabric for my sister-in-law's quilt I want to do her..also do both my 2 daughters a large lap quilt..That will probably take me till Christmas!!!