Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Xmas of '09 is past, what's the plan for '10

Blog Entries
    Okay, now that everyone has their 2009 christmas all complete, being a newbie at this do we start 2010 gift plans this week or do we give ourselves another or more time that.

Blog Entries
    LOL it is an ongoing planning ... and what we didn't finish for 09.. we hope to get done before 10 :oops:

Don't forget all those birthday present we have to buy for everyone between now and next Christmas )-: It's never too early to start planning.

Blog Entries
    I figure that I still have 10 months to procrastinate :oops:
    Seriously, I am going to try and work on the quilt tops the first 6 months and then finishing them the last 6 weeks...I know ME all TOO well LMBO

I am going to take the time to work on my own Oriental quilt - I posted pictures several months ago. I pulled it out last night (well, 2am - what is it with these late/early hours?) and just looked at it for about 20 minutes. Figured out that I really was to tired start it. If JRSAY (Joanne) doesn't get her Dec block this week, I am going to make her another batch of what I already did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    being a newbie at this do we start 2010 gift plans this week
    huh? I'm running about 2 years behind on major events. So I think I'll be heading into 2008 at this point. lol

Blog Entries
    i think i'll do as the Artist Formerly Known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince once suggested...

party like it's 1999!

:lol:

Are you kidding? more time? I am on a no budget plan. I plan NOW. Placemats are in order for two out of three. I also am planning three wall quilts as gifts and am already collecting fabric as I have the patterns ready. So.. never too early. This year I started in Sept and was highly stressed come Dec so no I am getting ready right now. I want to love the holiday as I do not worry I didnt do enough... and I do so little.. so a gift a month in the bag? oh yes. oh double yes. Plus.. its a goal, a vision.. a reason to keep creating and that.. is a gift back to me right up front.

My children and friends have more quilts than they know what to do with so I think I will spend the year making charity quilts or cancer comfort quilts for those going thru treatment. Will check with my local hospital at the oncology unit.

Well after Christmas I don't have money..LOL So after a month or two or even three or more..lol maybe I can start getting some fabric for my sister-in-law's quilt I want to do her..also do both my 2 daughters a large lap quilt..That will probably take me till Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    huh? I'm running about 2 years behind on major events. So I think I'll be heading into 2008 at this point. lol
    LMBO I'm so far behind I think I'm ahead :-D

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I'm thinking about starting a tree skirt for DD & SIL. That means I haven't actually started it just thinking about starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
    I'm thinking about starting a tree skirt for DD & SIL. That means I haven't actually started it just thinking about starting it.
    I do that with a lot of projects -- think about them!! But most of the time, they don't even get started. Do these count as UFO's? (LMAO)

If I have to look at red and green fabric again any time soon I'm taking to the bridge!! LOL. Made so many gifts that I'm not even thinking about them until at least June or July.
    My newest project is lime, pink, purple and black--definitely the ANTI red and green!!

I have a quilt started for each of my kids that I hope to finish for Christmas next year and I would liek to make stockings for all of us, so I'm going to hit the clearance fabric for that. I also have a table topper, my fall quilt from the block exchange and my chocolate raspberry quilt when I do those blocks...Ok, if I can just finish my WIP I will be an extremely happy woman!

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    This is hilarious...I tell you, my mind quilts a lot more than I do. Each year I start earlier -- it's July 4th and I go to bed that night and the next morning it's Christmas Eve - how does that happen? Anyway, I always promise to be faster but, oh well. Life is good. :lol:

I just realized I didn't answer your initial question. hmmm, let me think about it...lol

Blog Entries
    Too funny...Christmas????I have 4 baby quilts needed by March and I haven't even started to think about them. Mom wants me to make her some aprons and I want to try to make some purses/bags and I want to make a floral log cabin that I have already bought the fabric for and...........Christmas???? LOL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    I thought I might try to make some quilts for wounded vets.
    That's a given for me as well, I'm always on the lookout for fabrics, clothing, whatever to make wounded warrior and veteran home quilts. It's just a part of my day, I have 5 quilts I must must must stop procrastinating on, gifts for family members that have wanted them for awhile. sighhhhhhhh

Since I have my hand surgery in 10 days time, I am looking forward to putting together some of the pieces I have cut and ready. I wont' be able to cut for a while, (DH offered to cut if I need more!!!), but pretty sure I can manage the iron with my left hand. ;) My thumb will be immobilized for 5 weeks, then pysio to rebuild strength....hence lots of cut pieces ready to sew.

I have not yet finished my '09 presents! I figure the holiday season is through Little Christmas so I am good til then, after t
    that I am LATE. 8-)

This year was a little 'off' for us so I know people who know what's been going on certainly understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Loriann
    I have not yet finished my '09 presents! I figure the holiday season is through Little Christmas so I am good til then, after t
    that I am LATE. 8-)

This year was a little 'off' for us so I know people who know what's been going on certainly understand...
    When/what is "Little Christmas"? :D

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I am giving myself a few days just to play with something for me then I will get busy thinking and planning next Christmas.

The beginning of 2010 is already booked up with this list.

2 Quilts Of Valour for British wounded (more if possible)
    My parent's Anniversary quilt for next winter
    Two quilted pillow cases to match my nephew's wolf quilt I made for this Christmas
    I've just found a part-finished scrappy quilt top of Flying Geese in one of the bags I was sorting out the other day... this is from about 2 years ago.
    I've recently inherited an antique dutch oak chair which I want to make a copy (shape) of the cushions in a quilt pattern.
    I've also been wanting to do an applique quilt... just for myself, and I also have several quilts already cut out and sat waiting on my shelves.

Soooo, after doing this lot, I don't know what I'm going do during the last week up run up to Christmas 2010 :-)
    Joanne

Christmas related projects are all for me...
    1 tree topper angel kit
    1 tree skirt kit
    1 nearly complete Santa
    several ornaments

The rest of my wips are all bf, dad and veteran related.

I hope I get the Christmas items done before Christmas '10.

Looking forward to another year of great progress. Right now I'm caught up to about 2002!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast